I bought Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 directly from T-Mobile in 2018 and last year I switched to Verizon due to my work ( Phoenix Sky Harbort Airport Basement ) Verizon is the only carrier that has signal on the basement.
Before I switch I forgot to request T-mobile to unlock this tablet. Now I need to use this table with cellular service could I request for this device to be unlocked please?
My account was always in good standing. I paid off everything.
I’ve gone to T-mobile store, contact customer service but I got nothing. Please HELP!
Order Number 5180462940 shipped on 12/21/2018.
IMEI : 351594100356473
Device eligibility is determined as follows:
- The device must be sold by T-Mobile. YES
- The device must not be reported as lost, stolen or blocked. NEVER
- The account associated with the device must be in good standing. I PAID OFF EVERYTHING
- The device must also satisfy all the Postpaid or Prepaid unlocking requirements outlined below. YES
Unlock eligibility for mobile devices on Postpaid plans
- The device must have been active on the T‑Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line. IT WAS ACTIVE MORE THAN 40 DAYS
- If the device was financed or leased through T‑Mobile then all payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full. PAID IN FULL
- If the device is associated with a canceled account, then the account balance must be zero. THE BALANCE WAS ZERO
- T‑Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE AGREEMENT