Solved

Can not connect HP 8610 Printer to wireless Gateway

• 6 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Greetings

Can not connect HO 8610 Printer to Gateway network. Have tried everything. Set up wizard. HP soutions etc. Connected with ethernet etc. Was working but lost connection. Please help. thank you!

icon

Best answer by bocaboy2591 6 February 2023, 19:08

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I found the following suggestion to fix a problem similar to yours, you might want to give it a try.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/OfficeJet-Pro-8610-stopped-working-won-t-connect-to-wireless/td-p/6054598#:~:text=Turn%20off%20the%20router.,the%20printer%20back%20to%20network

Good luck!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

What gateway you running?  Have you separated your 2.4ghz & 5ghz bands?  Most wireless devices are going to need to connect to 2.ghz . Also set your security to WPA2  instead of combo wpa2/wpa3

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Your problem is pretty common among T-Mobile Internet users. This usually fixes the problem.

Try adding a new WiFi network for the HP. Use the T-Mobile app and tap the Network tab on the bottom, then the “+” button on the lower right. Create a new 2.4 GHz WiFi network with a unique name (SSID), just for your printer. Make sure the WPA type is WPA/WPA2. This is different from your main network which, by default, is WPA2/WPA3.

Now, go to your printer and clear out all of the information you have entered for your printer’s setup and then recreate your wireless connection to the new network you just created.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks, Bocaboy2591, I learn something new every day. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Copz1998, I take it that it's now working??

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Good question, sounds like you fixed it. Well done!!

To anyone who is struggling with this - THIS WORKS! I created an account just to thank this person and to let the world know this ACTUALLY works. Printers are such a$$holes. 

I have an HP 8610. Setting up the second network at 2.4GHzand WPA/WPA2 does not work.