Question

connecting smart devices

• 26 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

how do you connect smart devices? i have smart home light bulbs that require 2.4ghz band to setup. they connect to my cox internet (getting ready to say bye) which broadcasts the 2.4 band separately but this gateway doesn't separate the ssid broadcast so it seems like it wont work but hopefully I'm just confused.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

how do you connect smart devices? i have smart home light bulbs that require 2.4ghz band to setup. they connect to my cox internet (getting ready to say bye) which broadcasts the 2.4 band separately but this gateway doesn't separate the ssid broadcast so it seems like it wont work but hopefully I'm just confused.

You should not have a problem. The T-Mobile router broadcasts both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

I set the SSID name and password to the same name and password I previously had with my cable router and all my smart devices connected automatically without a problem

Badge +1

Appreciate your help. Well that's one way of doing it. We're most likely not going to do it that way but it's a very interesting idea. From what I gather you don't need to identify them separately as it's like simultaneously like 2in1 sort of deal. We'll try just connecting and see.