Question

hulu +live does not work in t-mobile internet

• 8 November 2021
  • 29 replies

Badge

My Hulu+live works with my cox internet but when I connect to my t-mobile home internet modem it will not work. Says I have moved and they can not provide service due to streaming rights.

29 replies

I'm jumping back in here relatively cold; but I'll give it a 'shot'..

Your TV may or may not have a 'built-in' HULU App to convert the WiFi signal from your router output which comes in from the T-Mobile modem, (which sits in your window).

I'm guessing your TV does not have an up-to-date internal APP to perform the transformation of the W.iFi to HDMI video.

You can purchase a ROKU device that will receive/detect the HULU WIFI signal which uses a short cable to plug into a TV's HDMI socket.

In short: Tower broadcasts T-mo RF beam; T-mo modem (it sits in your window) puts out cable-signal that feeds your Router; Router broadcasts WiFi signal through the air, all over your house; ROKU (or Apple Stick) device receives your personal WiFi beam from your router and turns it into a HDMI formated signal (like used to come out of DVD players) that.TVs understand.

Presto! Streaming Video!

I'm rusty; but doing my best trying to be helpful.

I was just on chat with Hulu for 2 hours to get one TV working (finally), but now the Samsung TV won’t connect. It seems I can’t connect my Samsung, I may have to return the router this weekend and cancel.

HULU has apparently mapped my T-Mobile Gateway-5G modem to my Zip Code so the 'Not At Home' messages associated w/ live TV have ceased!

Not long ago I learned that T-Mobile Business Group supplies a different modem, (made by Inseego and called WaveMaker) that operates with a STATIC ip address.

I set up a Business account primarily to switch to the Inseego modem and circumvent the T-Mobile Consumer Gateway-5G dynamic ip issue with HULU livestream TV!

After a GREAT DEAL of difficulty configuring the new modem, (with help from Inseego) I had the WaveMaker modem, feeding my DECO MESH router system that delivereda strong WiFi signal to the ROKU receiver on my Flat-screen!

"Lo!" I got a, "Network Error" message when trying to log into HULU.

My skilled Networking Engineer came by and thoroughly checked the WaveMaker-based static ip network to bee setup perfectly!

All we could come up with was Inseego's suggestion that T-Mobile Business had introduced 'Entertainment-Blocking' into the Business Service, itself! 🤷‍♂️

I'm back on the TMHI Gateway-5G dynamic modem, and very happy ... so far!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have had the same problem, I have to call Hulu everyday to switch ip address, go to ipchicken.com  and you will get an ip number but is there a way to get a permanent ip address so this doesn’t have to call every single day or an app that has live tv that I don not have to have an up address

Since the T-Mobile Internet does not have static IPs, there isn’t a way to get a permanent IP address. You can use live streaming services that use geo-location instead of IP-location. One example is YouTube TV. You can also contact Hulu to see if they have a way to go off of your geo location instead of ip address. 

Hope this helps.

I have had the same problem, I have to call Hulu everyday to switch ip address, go to ipchicken.com  and you will get an ip number but is there a way to get a permanent ip address so this doesn’t have to call every single day or an app that has live tv that I don not have to have an up address

I spent 10 minutes on the phone with a Hulu representative and fix the connectivity for now. I do see that T Mobile has dynamic IP’s, so we will see if the connectivity lasts. 

Badge

T-Mobile had offered me discount if I sign up for YouTube for live streaming. YouTube may be part of T-Mobile working partners. T-Mobile gives discount if you signup for live streaming YouTube. Signing up for live YouTube is additional cost $50-55. I am wondering if it works on YouTube it should work on all live streaming devices but it does not.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Any live streaming does not work with T-Mobil home internet….. There is no further solution.

Not completely true. YouTubeTV works perfectly. Occasionally it will ask me to verify my location via the YouTubeTV app on my phone. That app uses the GPS in my phone to verify that I’m still in my home area, then I get live streaming for all my proper local channels on my TV’s app, or Roku , or AppleTV 4k. Hulu+ could do this, too, but they haven’t.  Been using YouTubeTV for the 2 ½ years I’ve had TMHI. Never a problem.

Badge

Any live streaming does not work with T-Mobil home internet….. There is no further solution.

The reason is, T-Mobile uses dynamic internet which keeps changing IP address. T-Mobil advertises as more secure for marketing purposes. If internet does not work security is a mute subject. When I log in my computer, it tracks me to be in MD, PA, NC everywhere tower is available. I must have spoke to T-Mobile Internet tech support fifteen times they go through their usual steps but no cigar. This has been a frustrating journey so finally had to ditch T-Mobil for live streaming and switched to Xfinity Internet, no issue with pictures freezing or black screen. Xfinity is running a special pricing, they have a plan that cost $25/month including router.

Has anyone tried a VPN? I’m so tired of getting kicked off of Hulu Live and I’ve seen this as a solution. Just thought I would ask first. I’ve had to call Hulu 5 times in 3 days to reset IP address.

Badge

As most of you have already indicated that T-Mobile uses dynamic IP address. With dynamic IP address live streaming does not work due to constantly changing in IP address pictures are freezing up. I have a Z-* IPTV box and when I am watching live TV pictures freezes up. No issue with watching Netflix. I recently signed up with Xfinity Internet and connected my IPTV box it works perfectly because Xfinity provides fixed IP address. Unfortunately no one at T-Mobil tech support has been able to fix the issue. I must have spoke to 10-12 T-Mobile tech support. 

I have just been going on my browser on my devices and Hulu works fine. On the app the live tv stuff will not show up but I have not had an issue in chrome. 

T-Mobile and Hulu + Live do not work well together. I cannot stream local, live TV. It works for a single show and then you get the cannot play this content error or you are not at home error. Extremely annoying. Spent 5+ hours on the phone and chats with Hulu support and at best the connection is erratic and flaky. While I would love to keep TMHI, TV is a major thing in my house. 

Speed is great, no issues with throddling, like Cox does and no limit on data, like Cox has but if I cannot watch TV, maybe its not so great.

T-mobile internet does work with Hulu.  When setting up Hulu service after you receive the -not at home message, contact Hulu customer service via chat and tell them you are on t-mobile home internet service with modem and they can override the connectivity issue.  I will add, I often get interruptions in service which is quite annoying but 75% of the time it works fine (during low peak times mostly).

The problem occurs every time r mobile changes the IP address I live in Tennessee but my ip is all over the country I’ve been listed in Washington state all the way to Alabama every time it changes and sometimes it more than once per day I had to call Hulu so I gave up on Hulu’s live tv service as it’s an hour each time I have to call them

My Hulu+live works with my cox internet but when I connect to my t-mobile home internet modem it will not work. Says I have moved and they can not provide service due to streaming rights.

Technically this is an issue with Hulu not T Mobile.

Hulu does not consider TMHI a valid internet provider. Hulu sees TMHI as a hotspot or a mobile device and blocks their service. So again this is not technically a TMHI issue since TM is not blocking you Hulu is.

This is the same issue with other providers I have a friend that has ATT hotspot internet Hulu does not work due to the same reason. So again not really a TMHI issue.

This is not true, I don’t think. I was having this issue and spent about an hour on the phone with hulu to find out what the issue was. They were trying to set the ip address of the t mobile tower to my hulu account. It would work, and my tv would stream. Then we would go to the next tv, and that tv ‘wasn’t at home’. So we checked that ip address and it was different. T Mobile internet uses a dynamic ip address system which means each device gets its own ip address rather than sharing the same ip address from the wifi. Hulu accepts a static ip address system so it can locate where the service is being used. So because T mobile continuously changes the ip address on each device that logs into the wifi, hulu can’t verify the account as one address. This is troublesome for my household because we have about 6 devices (TVs and Phones) watching hulu at the same time sometimes.

Just got TMHI and was very upset my Hulu stopped working. I plugged my TCL Roku tv directly into the T-Mobile supplied hardware and Hulu works for now. Might be worth a try if you can

I just set up a 5G gateway and tested it on my laptop. Hulu Live works perfectly. When I tried it on my Fire Stick it asked to change locations (it was previously working with my normal cable internet) when clicked change location it said there was an error and nothing worked. I tried it a few times, always the same result.

I switched back over to my cable internet and it went right back to working fine. I don’t understand if TMobile home 5G can work on my laptop and phone with Hulu Live why I can’t get it to work on the Fire Stick.

FYI all the other services are working, so this is really just a Hulu issue I think

Any ideas would be welcome.

T-mobile, when are you going to assign us Static IP addresses? Can’t call yourself Home Internet in 2022 if our services deny us access.  I need my IP address to be bound to my gateways MAC address, not rocket science. Then I can have my services like HULU make the one-time adjustment, not every time I reboot the gateway. Do the right thing and get ahead of your competition.

T-Mobile should be provide a static IP addresses so HULU can work after a router reboot.

I’m having the same problem with Hulu plus live TV.  I just subscribed today and i can connect to the live tv on my computer and phone, but the tv’s keep giving me the error that “I’m not at home”.  I’m not able to connect to live at all and I’ve been on the phone with Hulu customer support for over an hour and we still haven’t gotten it to work on my TV’s.

I’ve asked several times if they support T-mobile home internet and they say they do,but I can’t get it to work. Has anyone been able to get tmobile home internet to work with Hulu plus live tv?

HULU stated that this has been escalated because of the increase in users with TMHI. Should see results soon. 

I’ve had my 5G Gateway for a couple of weeks now. When I got that Hulu message, I called Hulu support. They manually added the public IP of my gateway to my account and mapped it to my zip code. I haven’t had a single Hulu problem since I made that call.  That’s the fix. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I’m having the same problem with Hulu plus live TV.  I just subscribed today and i can connect to the live tv on my computer and phone, but the tv’s keep giving me the error that “I’m not at home”.  I’m not able to connect to live at all and I’ve been on the phone with Hulu customer support for over an hour and we still haven’t gotten it to work on my TV’s.

I’ve asked several times if they support T-mobile home internet and they say they do,but I can’t get it to work. Has anyone been able to get tmobile home internet to work with Hulu plus live tv?

Hulu + Live does not fully support T-Mobile, because of Hulu’s restrictions on location.  It is better explained in this article:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/03/hulus-live-tv-doesnt-work-on-t-mobile-home-internet

There is a temporary workaround, until your IP changes again, then you have to contact Hulu again.

FWIW I just signed up for T-Mobile over the weekend and lost my Hulu live TV. I was able to get Hulu to let me view live content again only after chatting with a support agent, but I’m not certain how long that will last.

Soooo, the only thing that came in my box was the 5G  and power cord. I had to keep spectrum on to download the app on my phone, also, there is a yellow cord (spectrums) that connects to the modem and router. 
I had to remove the cord from the spectrum router to the T-MOBILE  device. I thought it would work on its own. Also if Hulu is not working im gonna have to send it back. 

Badge