Solved

Print apps won't work with T-Mobile

• 30 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Since switching to T-Mobile I can no longer use the Canon Print app. No matter what it WILL NOT find my printer!! I had to go out and get a cable to hook it up to my laptop to be able to at least print from there, but I really would like to be able to print from my tablet and phone again.

I even tried different print apps to see if they could connect to my printer Canon PIXMA MG3620

Thanks in advance for any help

icon

Best answer by nc1037 30 May 2023, 22:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Probably, your printer can’t see the default network.  Leave the default network alone and follow the procedure linked below to add a second network.  It should be 2.4 GHz.  The security might need to be WPA/WPA2 instead of WPA2/WPA3; you can try both.  (WPA2/WPA3 is more secure and should be used whenever possible.)

Procedures:

iOS: iOS How to create additional Wi-Fi networks

Android:  Android How to create additional Wi-Fi networks

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I wanted to edit my reply, but the system isn’t letting me.

Set the security of the second network to WPA/WPA2.  Your printer should be able to connect to it.  I don’t think you need to change the network of your phone and tablet to print, but I am not certain. 

After using the printer’s Wifi Wizard to connect to the T-Mobile -- Security set for WPA/WPA2 on both  

Setting up my printer on a Mac: Add a printer -- it shows up as a Bonjour. Name, Location, and Use autofill

Continue to set up results in a fail because it can’t communicate.