Question

turn off wifi radio on Sagemcom Fast 5688W Gateway

• 24 February 2023
  • 13 replies

Badge

How do you turn off wifi radio on this modem ?     on mobile app when i hit delete network get error cannot delete only network.    I have Ubiquiti AP and dream machine to distribute WIFI and just need this to be a modem.   Called support   they put me on hold and then hung up..   ANy ideas ?

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Try this: 

Right behind you. Ubiquity mesh network and cat6 runs all over my home. All this is doing is causing RF noise. The older Nokia model had the option to disable, as does Xfinity, and CenturyLink. We need to have this option. The web interface is also super stripped down. What happened to the advanced controls?

I followed the YouTube video above and it appears that it is functioning as in the video but it doesn't turn off the Wifi. is it possible that my model has updated firmware that this will not work with?

Badge

Fully agree with the need to shut off the WiFi. It’s just messing up my limited spectrum with a signal i can’t control or firewall against. What’s the point. Can’t put it in a metal box because it needs a 5G signal, so am i forced to open it up and disconnect the WiFi antenna?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJ7TJ_1VZk

Look at the video and follow his instructions. Worked like a charm for me.

I should have updated…..I was doing something wrong and Nater tater put me on the right path. 

Badge

Try this: 

Doesn't seem to be working. I run the script in PowerShell, enter password and choose to turn off both radios. My computer stays connected to the wifi network. Any updates on this script? Or maybe I'm missing something?

I sure wish T-Mobile would make turning off the radio easier.

You can turn off both the 2.5 and 5 Ghz  bands by using a program called Hint Control. I downloaded it to my android phone and ran it from there and can turn off the wifi at will. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Badge

Try this: 

Doesn't seem to be working. I run the script in PowerShell, enter password and choose to turn off both radios. My computer stays connected to the wifi network. Any updates on this script? Or maybe I'm missing something?

I sure wish T-Mobile would make turning off the radio easier.

It works fine.  I had entered the wrong password!  Duh. 

I then used Hint Control program … that worked great too.  ))

Badge

You can turn off both the 2.5 and 5 Ghz  bands by using a program called Hint Control. I downloaded it to my android phone and ran it from there and can turn off the wifi at will. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thank you.  ))

Was about to setup a return, the FIOS router offered better options than this.

Userlevel 1
Badge

To be able to turn off the wifi signal on T-Mobile Gateway you’ll need to download the following file (for Windows boxes) and look for HintControl in the binary folder.

https://github.com/zacharee/ArcadyanKVD21Control/releases/download/1.9.2/dev-zwander-arcadyankvd21control-25-windows-amd64.zip(same file works for Sagemcom Fast 5688W)

For other operating systems (IOS, Android, etc) you’ll find information on the following link:

https://github.com/zacharee/ArcadyanKVD21Control

Hint - Installed it on my MAC and it worked.  There is a disclaimer that it is only for IPhone and iPad but it works.   WiFi now off.