Question

International Data Pass - IPhone 12 Settings?

• 5 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’ve tried for hours to either talk or chat online with T-Mobile support to find the answer to my question. No one ever responds.  Perhaps someone can help me on this forum.

I’m traveling to Italy next month and will be adding the International Data Pass so that I can have unlimited phone calls in case of an emergency. I cannot find any information on what settings I need to add/change on my IPhone 12 (i.e. under Cellular - should Data Roaming be on or off (am I roaming with a travel pass???)). I’ve read horror stories of people ending up with huge charges for international usage when some phone setting weren’t set correctly.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@drnewcomb  is pretty knowledgeable about this stuff.

Badge

Thank you fireguy_6364. I’ll check out @drnewcomb’s posts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You don’t make any changes to your phone. The changes all happen on the network side. I don’t see a need to buy a Data Pass in advance ICO an emergency, since you can buy one using the T-Mobile app at any time you want. See the link below for my hints on cost-effective international roaming.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eYMuPEbQIcxxxDJBlG8p9FYUT9jdPDIg2-PtG40uJk0/edit?usp=sharing

Badge

I can’t thank you enough for the excellent info you provided.

Drnewcomb - You’re the BEST!