Solved

International Pass 15 GB/30 Days

• 27 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi: I have a set of travel plans that calls for me to visit three different countries this month, but each time, I travel and come back home and then go to the next country.  I am intending to purchase the 30 day International Pass (15GB) plan.  So, the questions that i have are:

1. Once I activate the plan for 30 days, whenever I visit home, the data that I use at home would still be counted towards the International Pass or will it be against my local usage?  Essentially, the question is if I am away from home for 20 days, will the 15GB be measured against only those 20 days or all 30 days from the time of activation?
  2. Does the unlimited calling mean that when I am travelling internationally,any calls to other than the local country and the United States are considered free, or only allowed countries for free calling are visiting country and home (United States)?

Your help on this very much appreciated. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 9 December 2019, 16:05

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey, @ablefarmer​!

I'm happy to help you out! In order to fully answer number 1, I need to know what type of plan you're currently on?  As far as number 2 goes, the rate at which you are charged for calls depends on the country you're in so you're correct in stating "only allowed countries for free calling are visiting country and home (United States)". If you'd like me to get the rates for where you'll be traveling, let me know the countries you'll be in. 😊

Hi Amanda:

Thanks for your response.  I am currently on T Mobile One Plan. 

Also, not sure I understood the answer for 2.  It is probably that I didn't put forth my question properly, so let me attempt here again. The two countries that I am travelling are: United Kingdom and South Africa.  With International Pass Unlimited calling feature, can I make unlimited calls (a) Locally within United Kingdom, (b) to United States/Canada and (c) Calls to Germany, France and South Africa, as they are part of the 210 countries that T Mobile provides the International Pas coverage. 
The reason for the "Unlimited Calling" question is that everywhere in T Mobile sites, it only states "Unlimited Calling", but does not define the boundaries.

"...get the popular International Pass with up to 512 MB of high-speed data and unlimited calling for just $5 a day."

and

"....thanks to new International Passes with high-speed data and unlimited calling in all of those countries and destinations...."

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Userlevel 3

Thanks for the extra info! The data from the international data pass will only be utilized while you're out of the country which means normal domestic data will not count towards the 15 GB allotment.  With regard to the calling, you'll get unlimited calling from Simple Global countries to other Simple Global countries and U.S.. Both countries you mentioned are included in Simple Global and you can find more info on other countries here: Simple Global | Travel Abroad without Roaming Fees | T-Mobile​.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 😊  

Amanda thank you so much for your prompt response. And thanks for the detailed reply. Very helpful indeed.

Badge

I would like to add a question and experience : Being on an old simple choice plan, adding the international pass online or via the app, i soon notice that calls from London to America are charged. I always have to call CS to negotiate my position. Without fail, a young woman from the Philippines will inform me that the international pass is strictly for data. I am on that trip again as i write this. So….when on a simple choice plan, what is the correct line item or code for the 10 day or 30 day international pass that your team has to enter in my profile to ensure i am not charged for calls or texts originating from the UK?

thanks

Sam

Follow on question which I think was kind of asked, but not answered.

I currently have the International pass for 30 days.

But I am already back in the US (and still have 5 days left on the pass).

If I make a phone call to the foreign country (e.g. Italy) while in the US and while the intl. pass is still active, will these phone calls be free?

I just found out today from T-Mobile directly that if you have the International Pass, you do NOT have unlimited international calling if you are physically present in the US, Canada or Mexico.  The International Pass ONLY gives you unlimited international calling when you are OUTSIDE of North America.  If you are in North America, you must have the $15 Stateside International Talk plan.  This is not stated on the T-Mobile website and we were told differently by a store representative, but we were burned and had to spend time getting the (exorbitant!) international calling charges reversed.  I’d like to save folks the headache!

I’m in Italy and added international data pass but my phone has no service. I can’t dial out or text anyone 

could you help me?