Question

international texting not working

• 27 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

In Amsterdam and can't text most people i normally do. Texts just fail. Have unlimited texts including overseas and am on WiFi. is there a setting i am missing? Galaxy S23 Ultra 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you using Samsung Messages or another texting app?  Do you have RCS enabled in that app?  Do you have data roaming turned on in Mobile Network? 

Samsung's Messaging app has been very hit and miss with issues, a lot due to users who setup their device using Smartswitch.  If you used Smartswitch to setup your device.  That is more than likely why if you are also using Samsung Messages.

Badge

I was using a regular messages app. Powered my phone down and leaving it off for a few minutes and powering it back on seem to work. Before I had just restarted my phone without leaving it sit for a few minutes. That seems to have been the trick. Working now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Powering off for at least 5 minutes allows the device to fully drop off the network, refreshing the connection once you power back up after 5+ minutes of it being off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What format are the numbers in? They need to be in “plus format”, (e,g, +33.1.43.12.22.22, +1-212-736-5000)