Question

International Usage Issues

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

When outside of the US and using my international phone plan to dial a number to another African country, I am prompted by an automated message to enter in a random two-digit number. However, once I do that, there is a message that keeps playing repeatedly, “Congratulations, you pressed star. That does not mean you are a star it simply means that you can press buttons and probably have fingers.” This message just keeps repeating and the call does not go through. Please help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is a good example of why I always recommend having a backup plan. T-Mobile (or their roaming partner) has probably bought into some shady grey-route international carrier. 

See if your phone has a setting for the length of TDMF tones and set it to long.

Badge

Has anyone ever found a solution for this? Specifically when calling someone with a US T-Mobile number, but that person is traveling outside the US?

Having this issue currently with someone in my company who is on business travel in South America.

I receive the same strange  automated message when trying to call a family member currently out of country. We are all on the same plan and I can’t seem to get though. Very frustrating.