T-mobile unable to fix SMS problems with Greece

• 23 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here is an update on the previous thread of being able to receive SMS from any Greek carrier. I literally had 12 tickets opened with Tforce on twitter and 611. They promised they would escalate it. They never did. First, they said it was the sender. I gave them multiple numbers with the problem. I told them that when I switch the network from automatic to AT&T, even on wifi, messages did come through. When I told them more than one line had the problem, they asked for the second line. Their conclusion: it was the device. I used Verizon as a trial esim on my device and my friend used AT&T. No problem. And yet, T-mobile comes back with "ask the sender to check their network," "it's your device," and "line is provisioned correctly for SMS." I am horrified both at the bad customer service that refused to really escalate it to a level where it could be solved, and at myself for allowing this to happen when they kept running me around in circles.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you by chance using a esim or physical sim? i know you mentioned a physical sim for the V and ATT tester sims but didnt mention the TMO sim.

only reason im asking is i have noticed a lot of international roaming issues with the esim where the physical sim always seems to work.

Userlevel 1
Badge

are you by chance using a esim or physical sim? i know you mentioned a physical sim for the V and ATT tester sims but didnt mention the TMO sim.

only reason im asking is i have noticed a lot of international roaming issues with the esim where the physical sim always seems to work.

I am using an esim for TMobile, which I also suspected for a while, but my friend uses an physical sim and had the same issue. There was another user here, drnewcomb, who helped me by sending an sms to the same number, and it did not go through. And with other countries, international sms texting works. So, doesn’t that preclude an esim issue? 

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not overly sure. i know that for the most part i have noticed the esim mentioned the majority of the time the issues have been brought up. i know Mexico its been mentioned a LOT of times..something about compatibility and those countries being able to handle them or not. or at least the tower owners/whatnot allowing them or being compatible with them.

from what i have seen usually its their network not being compatible with the esim yet.

Userlevel 1
Badge

not overly sure. i know that for the most part i have noticed the esim mentioned the majority of the time the issues have been brought up. i know Mexico its been mentioned a LOT of times..something about compatibility and those countries being able to handle them or not. or at least the tower owners/whatnot allowing them or being compatible with them.

from what i have seen usually its their network not being compatible with the esim yet.

I kinda understand that. Then again, networks in Greece do have esim. Even more, the network I cannot even send an SMS too, COSMOTE, was the first to launch eSim in Greece, and is another Deutsche Telecom company like T-Mobile. :)

And as I said, the problem presents with physical sim also.