Tmobile europe data and texting useless!

• 2 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Only reason I have tmobile is so that I can still use my phone when I’m in Europe. I’ve been dealing with their terrible rural service just for this reason. When I arrived in France, I received a text from tmobile saying I have 2g internet and texting free. It worked for the first 2 days then stopped. I finally called tmobile and they tell me my service is through other network operators and they have basically blacklisted me. I’ve tried every operator possible and no internet. Absolutely ridiculous. Don’t advertise you have international data and texting when you don’t! I will be changing providers when the next phone deals hit.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile is not Iridium, with satellites provided pole-to-pole coverage. Rather, they rely on a network of both domestic and international roaming partners. When I was in Greece in October, I had great service through Cosmote, one of the local carriers. T-Mobile has similar roaming agreements with one or more French carriers.

The question is, why is your account being blocked? You were sort of vague about that. You’ve only been there a couple of days. You should not be tagged for excessive roaming.

Badge

I used google maps to find stores and translated french to english about a dozen times while I was away from wifi. That’s it.