Solved

Tmobile app not working for prepaid.

• 18 December 2019
  • 17 replies

does the t mobile app work for prepaid customers? i just got a prepaid plan yesterday and when i try to log in to the app, it says “sorry, something is not quite right here. unfortunately the t mobile app is not available at this time due to technical difficulties. please try back later.”

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 20 December 2019, 15:10

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey there!

Depends on the rate plan and type of prepaid services. I would suggest reaching out to care directly so they can verify if your account is eligible, and if so, why it's not working!

-Lauren

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

The T-Mobile app doesn't work for prepaid customers, period!

FOR A YEAR, the app kept displaying a screen "Were not ready for you yet." Really? AN ENTIRE YEAR?

NOW, it says "Something isn't right..." I'll say.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Believe me, it's been longer than a year! I had to use the site with my computer, and it works well for all that I had to do. There are the "short codes" that work for me.

I just joined with the prepaid account and am having the same issue

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

In my previous post I forgot to write I can access my account on line. I normally go this route to add funds to my prepaid account. I use a credit card, and in a couple of minutes I get an email showing my receipt. I STRONGLY suggest checking the “short codes”. In my case there are only 5 codes, and I have written them down for reference.

Userlevel 1

Why have you not got an app for the prepaid customers? 

The web solution is slow and have issues.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Your message answered why I no longer have the T-Mobile app. “Web solution is slow” and “has issues”. I can do everything on my computer, and I can use ”The Short Codes”. I only use my V30 for calls and as a “jukebox” (I have over 2700 audio mp3s in my microSD card). When i first came to T-Mobile some years ag as a $3 a month plan I had access to the app, but it was taken away from us prepaid account customers several months later. Thanks for your comment.

In my past present I neglected on compose I can get to my record on line. I ordinarily go this course to add assets to my prepaid record. I utilize a Mastercard, and two or three minutes I get an email showing my receipt. I STRONGLY propose checking the "short codes". For my situation there are just 5 codes, and I have thought of them down for reference.

In my past present I neglected on compose I can get to my record on line. I ordinarily go this course to add assets to my prepaid record. I utilize a Mastercard, and two or three minutes I get an email showing my receipt. I STRONGLY propose checking the "short codes". For my situation there are just 5 codes, and I have thought of them down for reference.

New Prepaid customer here, and just reading up on here how long the T-mobile app hasn’t been working with prepaid. Still no change with the update released last week. Is this a joke?? How hard can it be to make this work? That’s quite the turnoff.

It’s strange how a $151 billion company still hasn’t fixed this issue…

Prepay customers have been complaining about lack of app support on these forums for three years now.  I doubt it will ever see the day. 

I just joined with the prepaid account and am having the same issue

Love how it says solved but never has been! Will the app ever work for pre-paid or do we not matter enough as a paying customer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Love how it says solved but never has been! Will the app ever work for pre-paid or do we not matter enough as a paying customer!

dunno..what does the answer up there say to do?

Badge

Same here just joined recently and was surprised about them silently dropping support for managing account using their mobile app. At least their website is optimized for mobile view and there are shortcut for quicker access. I have setup autopay so I don't have to worry about refilling but lack of update for many years from now the second largest carrier in the US, a multibillion dollar company is a mystery to me. They seem to only care about T-Mobile postpaid and Metro prepaid market which is bigger than their own prepaid division. At that point the only leg up those plans have over their MVNOs is data priority. 

The app doesn’t t work and neither does two step authentication codes. Their Smart Code function only works for premium plans. What a ripoff!