Solved

Community account username change

I need to edit my community username asap can someone please guide me on how to do that

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 24 October 2017, 21:21

Hey, all! I just wanted to leave a note here to let everyone know that since this thread has proven so useful, I've moved it on over to our Magenta Lounge where it might be easier for new users to find. If anyone who's posted here previously to get help with a username is still getting these notifications and would prefer not to, just click the thumbtack at the top right of this thread to unfollow (you might need to visit the site through the link in the email if you're reading this in your personal inbox 😉).

Thanks!

Marissa

View original

356 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I reported this to the mods so they can help you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for the heads up @gramps28​.

I can help you change your username. I did send you a private message already so you can reply to that, and I'll get that changed for you. Thank you!

Could somebody please assist me as well, apparently the names are randomly generated as I did not choose the one I have.

Need to change or security or delete the registration. Please facilitate ASAP

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

A mod should respond to this soon.

Userlevel 5

I will send you a private message @magenta2274593  and we will get it changed for you.

Hi wondering if my username can be changed also...made a mistake when entering it

Userlevel 6

Hey, there! I've sent a PM your way and am happy to help! 😊 Just take a look in your inbox when you have a moment. Thanks!

- Marissa

Could I get help changing my user name as well? Mahalo!

Userlevel 5

Sure thing! I will send you a PM to get some info.

I would like to change my username as well. Please pm me with the details on how to do this. Thanks!

Userlevel 6

Happy to! Sending a PM your way right now. 😊 Please take a look at your inbox in a moment!

- Marissa

Just checking in to make sure everyone got the username of their dreams and all changes were made. 😊

-Lauren

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I am having the same problem. I change the name to a username. It accepts the new username, I log ou, come back later, and the username changes to my name on my account. Perhaps I am missing a step or two.

Userlevel 5

Hey @dc5fan​,

I will send you a private message so we can get your username changed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Chris: Email seems to work better than trying to read from the site. I am sure as soon as I get some more experience with the site it will much easier. Appreciate the help! Joe (DC5fan)

I just created my community user name and posted a discussion and see that my username defaulted to my email address for everyone to see.  I don't recall being prompted for a username choice during the registration process... I certainly wouldn't want to use my email address making it vulnerable to be harvested for spam purposes.  Why would you default it to be an email address??  I checked my profile actions and there is not an option to change it.  So how do I change it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I just joined T-Mo a little over a month ago. Your best bet is to get the attention of one of the moderators. T-MoChris was the one who helped me. After being with AT&T for 13 years I have to learn this all over again. Thanks for your question. DC5fan

Userlevel 6

Hey, @pags​ - I'm going to shoot a private message your way and we'll get that changed for you! It's funky to think our system would even do that -- if you're logging in with a TMO ID it should default to MagentaXXXXXX, but I assure you we'll get it squared away. Please reply in your inbox when you have a moment. Thanks!

- Marissa​

*edited to add inbox link 😊

Thanks Marissa,

Seeing you mention the default MagentaXXXXXX, I now remember seeing that when creating my Community User Account .  I remember thinking "How did that get there?  My username (T-Moble user name that is) is @oliphantrob_518833(false address)."  For some reason my mindset at the time was that I was being prompted to enter my T-Mobile username... I missed that it was prompting me to create a a new Community User name.

Thanks again for helping me change it.

Userlevel 6

Oooh, that makes so much more sense. And truly, that's great feedback -- we'll let our devs know and see if there's a way we can add a call-out so that it's more obvious what we're prompting for in that field! Thank you for replying here, I'm glad you were able to find this thread so that we could get it fixed!

- Marissa

I would like to change mine also.thanks in advance

Userlevel 6

No problemo, @albertobernabe​! I'll send a PM your way in just a moment, please take a look at your inbox in a few. Thank you!

- Marissa

Userlevel 6

Hey, all! I just wanted to leave a note here to let everyone know that since this thread has proven so useful, I've moved it on over to our Magenta Lounge where it might be easier for new users to find. If anyone who's posted here previously to get help with a username is still getting these notifications and would prefer not to, just click the thumbtack at the top right of this thread to unfollow (you might need to visit the site through the link in the email if you're reading this in your personal inbox 😉).

Thanks!

Marissa

Need to change my Username please. Thank you.

Userlevel 6

Happy to help! Sending a PM your way in just a moment, please take a look in your inbox when you have a second! Thanks!

- Marissa