Solved

Community account username change

I need to edit my community username asap can someone please guide me on how to do that

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 24 October 2017, 21:21

View original

384 replies

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@MG25 I got you covered! Thanks for reaching out. :sunglasses:

MG25 if possible

Thank you so much 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @Mendyg25 I can change it. What would you like it to be?

Can I change my username please?

I would like to change my username, please. Thanks.

Hi wondering if my username can be changed also...it is displaying my last name. huge privacy concern :thinking:

Badge

I need help changing my username please and thank u

Userlevel 3
Badge

I would like to change my community user name also. Please PM me.

Please change my Community Username to SPQRBob

Thank you! 

i need to change my username - help thx?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Very cool!

Sorry that took some time, but I’m glad it’s showing correctly for you @nbjeter3:sunglasses:

It looks like it is showing correctly now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If you log out, then check your post, does it show your name correctly?

@tmo_mike_c and this one as well.

@tmo_mike_c Why is it still showing all my previous replies with the phone number?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I was able to change out your username. It looks like you may have set up another user profile here on Community a few years ago.

@tmo_mike_c Just tried creating a new topic as well, just as a test, and nope, still listing my phone number as the poster.

@tmo_mike_c I just checked my profile, and it is showing my Community name as nbjeter3, which is great, but my posts are still showing my name as my phone number..

@tmo_mike_c And as you can see, it’s still posting my name as my phone number..

@tmo_mike_c So I found the spot to click to logout, but from there it just started loading Bad header pages. I couldn’t click to log back in or anything. I finally opened it in a private window so that it didn’t have any cache or cookies and it let me login using my email address instead of my phone number. It’s still not giving me any other options though.

@tmo_mike_c So where do I go to login to the community??

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I think you may have registered with the Community with that same username before. I can delete that old account and change the username to display here correctly. 

For your MyAccount, you can only use a phone number or email account. Keep in mind, your username and login here on the Community may not be the same as your MyAccount login.

@tmo_mike_c This is the message I got in my email but when I click on The “go to the topic” link it says something completely different, that my username is already taken. I am really confused now.. Also, When I try to click the login button under “My Account” it will only allow me to use an email address or phone number as a tmobile ID. Is there somewhere else I should be clicking to login to the community?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

That username is already taken. I can change it to another name. Did you already set up an account here with that username?

For your MyT-Mobile.com account, you’ll use your phone number or email address you set up when you first registered.