47 replies

Userlevel 5

I love pickles and lemons!

Lemons are the best.

I have mixed feelings on pickles.

Tacos/burritos.

And Thanksgiving spinach casserole.

Userlevel 5

Oh, if we can s/o Thanksgiving foods, sweet potato casserole is the bee's knees.

I find very few foods I don't like and my waistline shows it. Not too keen on baluts. I really like Vietnamese bún, particularly Bún bò Huế if I can find someone who knows how to make it. I like most Japanese food and sushi in particular. I'm a bit of a sushi snob and traditionalist, having been spoiled by a really great itamae.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Oh, this is my favorite topic! I love food, and I'm always trying new places. I've really been into Indian food. Had some lamb with a creamy curry sauce, rice, and garlic naan. It basically opened my eyes and changed my life for the better. 😊

Userlevel 5

Thanksgiving aside, legit jaeger spaetzle is probably my actual favorite food since toddlerhood.

@drnewcomb2 - I love good sushi (maki/temaki) but the embarrassing truth is that I am not yet classy enough to down tons of sashimi or even nigiri, so I feel kind of like a fraud in a serious sushi joint. 😥

Userlevel 5

Kielbasa & pierogi.

Definitely kielbasa & pierogi.

Userlevel 5

IDK if tossing it in a pot with a bunch of other ingredients (and cheese) destroys the integrity of kielbasa for you, but if you're game, this is a go-to recipe in our house! One Pot Kielbasa Pasta - Sugar Apron

Userlevel 5

So, I just read the recipe.

I may have had sensations that violate words I can say in this forum.

Definitely going to have to try this next time I go get some fresh kielbasa!

Userlevel 5

😊

A few salmon nigiri with a pair of ikura and tamago.

Userlevel 6

Fried green tomatoes and oven fried cornbread and ketchup with Black Eye Peas.

Userlevel 5

I think pierogi may be my single most favorite food. Mashed potatoes and pasta in one, mmm. I miss living up near Michigan, Hamtramck is an older Polish neighborhood in the area and you could get a huge flavor variety easily along with fresh. I have made them myself and they are good, but I never seem to get the dough as delicate and tender as they should be.

For overall favorite food? I'm not super picky. 😨 I like noodles, and rice, and potatoes, and starchy carbs in general...

I also like to play with my food, so I enjoy Hot Pot a lot, not married to a specific region. I just like to dip stuff and make my own sauces. 😜

Regretfully I can't participate in the nigiri and kielbasa love fest, I am a vegetarian. 😥 But I can participate in all sorts of Indian food! 😜

Although I am happy to cook meat, so I am going to have to steal that recipe Marissa 😊

Nigiri can be vegan.

snn555 wrote:

Fried green tomatoes and oven fried cornbread and ketchup with Black Eye Peas.

Ever have a fried green tomato, bacon & lettuce sandwich?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Just a sample of the stuff I like to eat 😊

Man, now I want bibimbap.

Had Pho Saturday and Bibimbop a couple weeks ago. I love Korean food. Bun bo was lunch today.

Userlevel 5

drnewcomb2 wrote:

Nigiri can be vegan.

You are totally right about nigiri, it's more sashimi I can't do. Now I really want tamago and inari. D:

...and I sort of want fried green tomatoes. Are those found much outside of the south? I know I didn't see them much when I lived in Ohio, and they are in a lot more places down here. I don't think I had any this season, I am a bad southern transplant.

Korean food is one of my absolute favorites, although I find half the time I eat too much banchan before I even get to the entree and I just end up feeling like I need to waddle away.

All of this food talk is making me really disappointed in myself for only having cereal today. Oh, and a bag of peanut M&Ms that totally were NOT intended for trick or treaters. >_>

Userlevel 6

But of course. I also sprinkle sugar in my mac and cheese. Love me some Frank's hot sauce. On most everything. Sauerkraut on most everything too. Fried anything. Grilled anything. But not chicken lizards or chicken givers. No. Pigs feet pickled or not. No. Souse is a no go. The folks grew up with possum and grits i did not.

Tacos

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

what I am eating right now

Userlevel 5

@magenta3056077 I tried to be a taco for Halloween this year, Target was selling these ridiculous taco costumes and they were the best. Alas, I had to settle for a pizza costume. 😥