Solved

Hotmail.com does it not work on T Mobile phones?

• 16 January 2017
  • 10 replies

I have been trying to set up my hotmail account on my new phone and all I get is the message "To add this account automatically, your account info will be sent to http://localhost.autodiscover/autodiscover.xml.  I press send and the same message comes back up on my screen with an additional line of /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml Thanks in advance for any input. Paige

icon

Best answer by tidbits 17 January 2017, 10:44

You can set it up using the Gmail app or the email app that is preinstalled.  It should get the information for the servers automatically.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6

Helps to know what kind of phone you have.

There shouldn't be a reason hotmail doesn't work.  But, each device may have a slightly different way of setting it up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

What phone do you have. My Hotmail works. It may be the client you are using that it doesn't work with.

Sorry it is an V 20.

My bad it is a V20

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

What app are you using?

Actually none that I am aware of.  Just using what was already on the V20. Suggestions for an app? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You can set it up using the Gmail app or the email app that is preinstalled.  It should get the information for the servers automatically.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Set up your hotmail with an Exchange account in the phone - settings - accounts - exchange.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi there @sirpaige.

Just checking in to see if you were able to get your email working. Please come back and let us know if you need help.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6

Hi Paige!  Just wanted to check in and see if you'd been able to set your email up successfully.  Please let us know if you still need assistance!

- Marissa