Solved

scam or no?

• 11 March 2022
  • 23 replies

Hi did anyone just get a text from this number 347-990-5263 saying 

Hi good day wonderful T-Mobile user! T-mobile network is giving out 700$ to all users! as a compensation of the bad network during the covid 19 crisis. Please text Mr. Cole at (805) 429-8992 to claim your funds now!  ????

I’m not responding especially because it came in at 2:26 am 

thanks

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 11 March 2022, 17:37

View original

23 replies

Badge

Only the federal government gives out free money.  Free for them to hand out, expensive for taxpayers to foot the bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Obvious SCAM

Just got one today from a different number to text a different person. Deleted and blocked as I've been doing with several others for various non related things over the past few weeks. Glad text is free or I'd be super mad! These scam texts are outta control, I get at least 1 a day 😠

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

One thing I can say about scammers is they are creative. They will try just about anything to get money out of people. I noticed that they are spoofing numbers similar to mine when they send messages to me. So the number they send from has the same area code as my phone number. Really annoying!! 

Figuring out how they are getting messages sent out is a huge step in finding out how to stop them. Information is power against fraudsters so please forward any spam or scam messages you get as text to 7726. Once you send it there, we can work to combat the scammers and stop them in their tracks. It may not stop the messages right away, but it will help in the long run. 

Obviously a scam, these scams are normal now a days.

A scam because when they sent me the text they spelled covid wrong.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

In a word I would have to SCAM

Badge

Hi did anyone just get a text from this number 347-990-5263 saying 

Hi good day wonderful T-Mobile user! T-mobile network is giving out 700$ to all users! as a compensation of the bad network during the covid 19 crisis. Please text Mr. Cole at (805) 429-8992 to claim your funds now!  ????

I’m not responding especially because it came in at 2:26 am 

thanks

Yes I received the same exact message except mine said to call JAMES. It’s obviously a Scam and I have my phone set to automatically block & report scam calls & texts and my phone automatically sorted this message to my spam messages. I am amazed by how many scam messages I receive and I have had my new T-Mobile service & new Phone & new # for only about 2 months so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I keep getting tmobile emails that my payment method needs updating by June 21 to keep from losing my automatic payment discount. Is this a scam?

as pointed out above..this one is legit. they are in fact ending auto payments using credit cards..so it’ll have to be either cancelled or updated with a debit card instead.

Yep no doubt but they come on many forms n fashion USPS home Depot etc.,

I ordered tickets from Stub Hub and received a confirmation email.  About a half hour later I received this:

Called T Mobile and asked if this was a scam and did not get an answer

Received this this morning stating Good day to our dear customers! T-Mobile is giving out $800 for free to all customers, to remunerate them for the bad service during the COVID-19 crisis. Text Mr. Jeff at (872) 201-2377 to claim yours now. I did what the message asked and I got a response Congratulations. My name is  James Jefferson from T-Mobile. How will you like to receive your funds ?

Here are the options; CashApp, PayPal, Venmo,, Direct Deposit, check to your mail box which of this options is convenient for you. I did all that got confirmation codes and an email from T-Mobile. I waited till just now to call customer service, beware this is a scam. T-Mobile confirmed it. I hope this doesn't get you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Whenever you see to text Mr. Jeff it's a scam from a middle eastern country. What's a giveaway is  using a first name for a last.

This what I got today, and the same one different number last week as well:

Congratulations T-Mobile subscriber, T-Mobile association is giving out $1300 to all client as a pay of the terrible Network during the Covid-19 crisis, to get your paid directly to your bank account, Kindly text Mr Kent on +1 (913) 303-8954 to accept your claim today.

NOTE: YOU ARE NOT PAYING ANY MONEY FOR CLAIM OR WHATSOEVER.

TEXT MR KENT ON +1 (913) 303-8954 NOW !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

by far scam lol.

might as well ask about your vehicles extended warranty while theyre at it lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's sort of like the old saying if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.

Yes I got the same message but number it came from was a San Francisco number. I googled the number and got this website. An obvious scam coming in at 2:30 in the morning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yeah they spoof numbers that will look like U.S numbers as well as numbers from your own area code.

This came from +

1-760-208-4878

Here  is the tracking number for your money order and apple pro via usps.com(9485511478668368483813) please be informed for the delivery  of your package within the space of 2days . 

Please we need 2 different code that will be sent to your phone one after the other for authentication for this package and to confirm we are dealing with the rightful customer before usps will send the package out to your location.. please let us know if you are available for the code right now.

Then they ask for my security code that T-Mobile verifies your ID with they said I would get 2 codes one after the other and they needed both of them.   I just replied that T-Mobile told me not to ever give out my code and that they texted my phone number so why would anyone but me be answering my texts? That was about an hour ago. They didn't respond yet.  But this has to be a scam, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you didnt order anything then i would say yes.. i would call in to make fully sure no one has somehow got access to your account and ordered something first..if not then for sure scam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

when it comes to possible scam numbers google is your friend usually...search the number and you’ll usually see the same things they said to you posted by others etc.

I keep getting tmobile emails that my payment method needs updating by June 21 to keep from losing my automatic payment discount. Is this a scam?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

No.