Security Questions OVERKILL?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

In the last 4 days that I have signed in I have been asked 5 times to answer 2 security questions. WHY? I am in complete agreement with securing my account. Supposedly, the credit card I use at ADD FUNDS is always a one-time use. I HOPE my CC number hasn't been saved. Is this happening to other members?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is this for your MyTmobile account or for the support forum?

When I sign into MyTmobile account I have to answer my security questions or I

have an option to change it to a pin number being sent buy a text to my phone to verify

but this is for a postpaid plan so maybe they're changing the security on prepaid plans.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

This is happening right after I sign in. I don't think I am being offered an option. If what you are saying why aren't we being told about these changes? I'm trying to figure out how to bypass SUPPORT and go to COMMUNITY instead. My Google page has 10 items (including T-Mobile) that I use. When I highlight COMMUNITY I get Community-2008  (the link). It seems I can't exchange SUPPORT to COMMUNITY on the Google page. I could use your 2 Cents regarding if T-Mobile saves my credit card number when I ADD FUNDS to my prepaid account? I have seen a lot of things here with CCs that's it's a little scary. I do know that if there would be a fraudulent charge I am not responsible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

They only save your CC info if you're on auto pay but I would never use my debit card to make an

on line payment. It's easier to get the fraudulent charge fixed than dealing with getting the cash replaced

in your bank account.

I have a legacy forum account that's separate from MyTmobile account and this is the link I use.

https://support.t-mobile.com/content?filterID=all~objecttype~objecttype%5Bthread%5D

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I tried the options. Even though I shut down messages texts T-mobile will send message. I did receive a code and applied it. So, I believe my question has been answered, and I thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Also if you're worried about your CC info you can always buy Tmobile gift cards

for your prepaid account.

I know you live in Rantoul but if you were close to a Kroger store you can buy them there and get fuel rewards points.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

The closest Kroger is in Decatur. I live about 7 miles north of a corporate T-Mobile store in Champaign. There are about 2 or 3 3rd party T-Mobile stores also there. I'm just partial to the corporate store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Actually the Ruler Stores are Kroger's scaled down, no frill stores but

I can't remember if they sell gift cards.

I know there's one off of Prospect by the Portillo's in Champaign.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

OK, I had completely forgot about Ruler. I have been in that store a couple of years ago. Their prices didn't impress me. I'll give them a visit the next time I go to Champaihn. Thanks for the heads up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm actually surprised they don't have a Ruler in Rantoul with it being on a couple of major

highways.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

On the outskirts of Rantoul (on the west side) there is a Walmart. BTW, I did go to the Ruler site in Champaign they do sell $10, $30 and higher cards for T-Mobile. Ruler also sells $40 via e-delivery. Oh yeah, next door to Big Lots on W Springfield is another Ruler. Urbana used to have one a couple of years ago, but closed. Hey, I've been in this area since '65, and you know this place better than I!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I figured out my problem. I now can go straight to the COMMUNITY bypassing the SUPPORT page.

The correct solution is:

STOP USING SHI T-mobile. Seriously it is the best solution. 

i agree with the security they lack it when paying your bill but when you don't owe they give you third degree i just went through this which i think is backwards on security and benefits are not for me seeing i had next to none security when i had to restore my account