smaller cell phones

• 25 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I want a smaller cell phone. I do not understand 4g & 5g or what will be needed as things evolve. I need to be given choices for  smaller cell phone. I do not want one that is 5.5 or 6 inches long. Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Looking at Tmobile's offering of phones they do have a few flip phones available. Those are usually smaller in size.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you wanting a smart phone just not a large phone or are you wanting more of a regular cell phone like a flip open phone or something along those lines mainly for texting and calls only?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Sounds like you'd prefer a flip phone or iPhone mini. 

Badge

A few choices:

1. If you have a T-Mobile store nearby, waltz in there and see what they have on display. Ask questions.  You don’t have to sign any agreements to get information.  I have had no problems with aggressive selling at T-Mobile stores, but still be aware it might exist.
    1. A.  You can do the same thing at any mobile phone storefront location, but be aware of where you are, you can’t get a T-Mobile service from one of their competitors.  The phone offerings, for the most part, are virtually the same.  The service after purchase is not. 
  2. Take a look at the T-Mobile website and see what phones are offered.  If you see something you like, look at a more detail description.
  3. If you are near a large shopping mall, see if they have a cell phone sales site, take a look at what they are showing.  Caution, don’t get stuck with a hard-sell.  Right now you are trying to find a phone, not a full service.
  4. If you are a member of Costco, they (at least the ones I’ve been in) have a cell phone offer site that offers many phones and many carriers.  The sales people are not obligated to any one site, and they probably won’t try a hard sell.

I suggest an iPhone 11 or 12 mini. I personally own an iPhone 11 mini and really enjoy using it. It’s only about a quarter inch taller than an iPhone 5S which was a great phone back then.