What was your first phone ever?

• 10 February 2018
  • 41 replies

omg it was the Juke! And let me tell you all I was super proud of it. I got such a kick out if spinning it open while ans calls

41 replies

My first phone was a Galaxy S6. It was nice but battery was pretty small. I still have it today.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I came from AT&T to T-Mobile (and brought the family) for the brand new HTC HD2! I even stood in line for it! 😎

I believe mine was the original Motorola Razr.  I came late to the cell phone party.

My wife and I got that one back in 97 0r 98. We got feed up with telamarkers calling all hours of the day and night. We got our cellphones and ditched the home phone. We had our phones for six months. Our provider with Cingular wireless we paid the bill one day in the store and the next day we had no service. The store had closed down and had ceased operations. At that time in las Vegas T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint didn't have much of a present.we ended up learning about virgin mobile or some other repaid phone service stayed with them for two years

Vintage-TIME-magazine-promotional-alarm-clock-telephone-land.jpg it was an alarm clock too.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

verizon flip idk exact phone

My first mobile was LG E4oo. But the sad news is that when we are leaving in Vancouver. We hire a company names Demolition Contractors Vancouver to demolish our house. My first ever cell phone broke during demolition 

I think my first phone was Nokia 105 this exact model https://productz.com/en/nokia-105/p/WG606.  I still remember how happy I was when my cousin gifted it to me. I've used it for a couple of years, and it was unbreakable :D

First portable phone, Motorola DynaTAC 8000. I still have it, the car adapter, the battery bag and like 10 spare batteries. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

no3220_00.jpg

Man, I can't tell you how cool I thought I was when I got this phone. Changeable covers, you could customize the back panel, I could set me own ringtones. This phone lasted me a LONG time too! I mean, this thing was built to last, so kudos to Nokia!!! Eventually, I wanted to step my phone game up so I made the switch to the Sidekick 3. I miss that swivel screen so much.

that was the same one i had

My first phone ever? Hmmm, it was actually a little flip phone by Sprint. I’m not even sure what model it was! But now that I’m thinking back to it — I’ll definitely be doing a Google search to try and figure it out. It’s not like there were as many models then as there are today! This was around 2005-2006 or so. I was 15. I remember it being those 2 year contracts and free minutes after 9PM or so!! Ahahah. It’s crazy to think how different it was back then.. it really wasn’t all that long ago as it seems. 18 years or so. I guess that is as long as it seems. Holy crap!! lol

A lot has changed since then. A lot for the better. Some for the worst. I like that contracts are no longer a thing. T-Mobile first introduced that and ultimately killed that concept. Depending on what you use — it’s easy to find yourself signing 18-24 month contracts again with a provider in order to lease the latest, most expensive phone. And if they’re lucky, they’ll have you on the upgrade program so that your eternally leasing and more less renting smart phones that you’ll later return for the next upgrade. I was doing this until I put an end to that and decided yearly upgrades aren’t even worth it. Being an iPhone lover — I can tell you now that you are best holding off at least 3-4 models before upgrading. Otherwise, you won’t even notice the changes year-by-year all to much. If you go from the iPhone X or iPhone 11 to the iPhone 14 then…. You’ll get so much more appreciation out of it then if you’re coming from the 12 or 13. 
Just my 2 cents. 

I love the question though! That’s a fun little journey back to teen years. When the small little flip phones were nifty little devices and seemed like the slickest thing ever coming off the bar phones! T-Mobile would soon find their first major standout with the Sidekick. Most people were using flip phones or owning the Blackberry when T-Mobile dropped this pretty awesome system and changed the direction phones were headed in major ways. 

Userlevel 1

OMG I still HAVE IT! (I wonder if it charges? I have the charger and accessories/box/manual for it, too, haha!)

(The OG) Motorola DROID that Verizon had in fall of 2009, 14 freaking years ago! I still crack up at the little robotic voice you heard when you powered it up….”droiiiid” lol.

That’s what replaced my translucent purple pager. (God, yes, I still have that relic, too!)

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Nokia 100.

https://www.mobilephonemuseum.com/phone-detail/100-tha-9

Badge

I had the old school Nokia brickphone, too!

pastedimage_3_embed_129413.png

There are times that I miss the simplicity of a phone but I mostly just miss the game Snake!

Remember these we could buy would light up when we got a call.. 😂

Badge

Sidekick II was my first T-Mobile phone and I absolutely loved it!

My first phone ever was a Kyocera and I think I got it when I was 15. This is the only picture I could find of it haha.

yhst-134254421145400_2230_16054775_embed_128029.gif

Funny how The MOTOROLA  was the first cellular company ever! We discount their phones ., Knowing nobody been in the game longer!!