Ya'll should be in Hawaii right now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This is around the time Mango is ready to be picked for the next few months.  Right now they are plump and green where you can make things like pickled Mango...  mmmMmmmm pickled Mango...  I know you guys want some 😊

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

My birthday cake I got yesterday.  I am not a huge fan of cake 😥 If you come here fast enough then i'll share it with you lol

I'd love to come by for mangoes. And cake. Which island should I plan my vacation for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Oahu 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If you get closer to mid summer we'll have mango bread by that time.

https://goo.gl/gYT89z

Userlevel 6

Are you shipping? 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Lol would be pretty expensive to ship.

I was in Oahu last November, haven't seen any ripe mangoes but I picked some Macademia Nuts 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I got one of those too!  Out of season 😥

Papaya anyone?

I has Bananas!

Yes I do grow a lot of my own fruits, flowers, and veggies 😊 I have a lot more I could share but then again I have to leave some mystery lol

Userlevel 7

How many species of plants are native to Hawaii?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Almost 0. A large amount of plant life here are from the Polynesian and the further by the discovery by Cook.  Right now to grow native Hawaiian plant life I believe you need a special permit and a few other things.  Been a while I thought about growing some endangered species. The law makes it stupid hard to try and help protect the plants.

Userlevel 7

I took a "nature" tour on one visit to Oahu. The guide said, "Welcome to the 'houseplant tour'." Virtually every plant we saw was IDed as some plant imported from elsewhere; usually as an ornamental house plant. Only a few were Polynesian "canoe culture" imports. Before the Polynesians there were something like only 7 species of plant that were either blown, floated or carried inside birds to the islands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Here are some plants specific to the region some can't be found anywhere else other than Hawai. Of course some have been exported from Hawaii.

http://www.marinelifephotography.com/flowers/rare.htm

Two plants I liked the best in Oahu:

1- Teddy's bigger burgers and garlic fries!

2- Food Court at Ala Moana!

oh yeah, we were talking about plants..... 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

O.o Food court in Ala Moana.

That's like the WORST place to eat.

This was downplayed. Poor maintained vent and grease traps. Poor Sanitation.

http://khon2.com/2015/06/12/cause-of-ala-moana-center-food-court-fire-remains-under-investigation/

Also they have a huge rat problem there too. Not no little mice you find in labs or the typical lab rat. Talking rats without the tail in the 1ft variety.  They were there when I had a part time job when I was in college. They are still there when my kids were in college and have jobs there. Now my grandkids are about to face them too if they decide to stay here for college.

I want to sign up for mango and cake. 😕 Can that be a thing? I want it to be a thing.

Alsooooo. Happy belated birthday! Have someone make you a pie next year, the superior dessert!

-Lauren

p.s. send mangoes.

Good food is still good food, with or without Rats in vicinity 😉

We were at Prince Tower, so easy to walk down there to eat. Can't beat the selection and price anywhere else.

Userlevel 7

At Edd's On The Causeway outside Mobile, Ala, they make a mango pie that is my diet destroying downfall but I bet it can't hold a candle to an actual Hawaiian Mango Cake .

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You need to travel outside of Honolulu if you want the good stuff 😣 seriously I promise

@tmo_lauren hehe I'd have to flash freeze them then ship them.  It's not the same after that point 😥

I think us regulars should plan a trip to Oahu and get together for a nice dinner in honor of @tidbits‌. As a practical joke, we can all complain to him about the lack of timely TMO branded firmware updates 😉.

And he shall announce the arrival of Marshmallow update on out Note 4s!

😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It better have bacon in it with a touch of Nutella

I like this plan...everything except the talking about software updates...

But don't try to steal my job of being his hired driveway sleeper. At the airport I'm going to make it very clear to them that I don't have a return ticket 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Oh a tidbit(pun intended) of information

Hawaii is the only state that celebrates a Monarchy.

Ryan, get a pillars and CM trip put into the budget. Oahu needs us!

-Lauren

Sign me up ha ha

What software company you work for there¿ I think I need to apply now.