DIGITS short codes issue?

janvolquez

Hello,

In the past I was able to receive all of my short codes on my DIGITS app but now it seems limited only some apps work ..like for example I can receive my Facebook short codes, but my gmail short codes never get sent to my DIGITS app, is digits not receiving short codes for specific apps? is it just not compatible with them all anymore ? if anyone has any info please let me know thanks!

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: DIGITS short codes issue?

Hey there! We discovered that some shortcode messages were/are not compatible with DIGITS, so we made the decision to turn them off. We’re working to make them available again in the future but do not have a time frame at this moment

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • rich84095jackson@yahoo.com

When will this issue be resolved? I'm trying to win an awesome cooler man....

• radioredwest

"Hey there! We discovered that some shortcode messages were/are not compatible with DIGITS, so we made the decision to turn them off."

in other words

"Hi, we're your phone company, and we discovered we were dropping some of your shortcode texts.

We fixed it- now we drop all of your shortcodes!

You can thank us later."

Until you have the full solution, how about rolling back the complete ban? Getting some shortcodes is better than getting none.

Google Voice never had this issue- and they aren't even a full-fledged mobile phone company- I'm using that service much more lately.

• cashaw9440

please provide time frame for being able to receive short text messages.  I live overseas and just ported my Vonage account to TMobile specifically for this feature.  Extremely disappointed to learn this doesnt work!!!!  Seems that TM has bere aware of this issue for more than a year and says they’ll update app to provide this service.  But no progress. If TM isnt going to provide the service please just say so .  Then i can go find a company that can!!!

• magenta5402999

I second the request for an update on this--kind of a show stopper for me. Why should I pay $10/mo. when Google Voice is free and works?

• magenta5309337

Hi, sorry to jump on this with a different question, but magenta5402999, I just recently started using DIGITS and I thought this was a free service? I basically use it as an extension of my main telephone number (i.e, I dont have an additional "virtual" number), am I missing something, or Tmobile has been charging for this although online it says that is a free app?? gotta go check my bill in more detail...@

• magenta5402999

It's free to use your same number on a different device. But if you want a second number on the same device, that costs $10/mo. for the additional number--cheaper than getting another line, but it's not really another line since there is no SIM tied to it. Like many users, I'd like one line for business and one for personal, but not being able to receive short codes on both is kind of a big deal since it means I can't use 2-factor authentication for both business and personal. GV, on the other hand, doesn't charge for a number and can receive short codes.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • magenta5309337

Great to know! Thanks so much for the clarification, and I completely agree with you...nowadays a lot of services require a 2-code authentication, and  many more are starting to use it for security reasons. In addition to a ton of services that I actually use for promo purposes, rebates, surveys etc. I hope Tmobile finds a solution for this.

• jessiieeyy

Hello, I really need the short codes in my digit line again when will it be processed back? Since it was working perfectly now nothing at all. Can Atleast the ones that were working come back

• amack23

Still no SMS short code support?  That's kind of a deal breaker. 

• janvolquez

tmo_chris Hi considering the Digits updated with more security do you think we will have a better functioning app with all the features including receiving our short codes etc ?

• mkeppy

It is indeed somewhat of a deal breaker for me too, and perhaps the main reason why I haven't fully embraced using my digits number. For the time being and until t-mo solves this issue, I'll have to continue using my google voice number which does support shortcodes. C'on t-mo, you can do it!

• tmo_chris

I am sorry folks! T-Mobile short codes have always worked with DIGITS as well as short codes from social networks like Facebook and Twitter but the updated DIGITS 2.0 did not add the support of all short codes.

• mkeppy

That’s unfortunate. Any plans for adding full support of shortcodes in future releases?

• tmo_chris

I don't see any plans at this time but it is not to say that it won't happen.

• cgbrookes

How can a 2.0 release of an app go out the door with less functionality than the prior one, particularly very foundational functionality like being able to receive all kinds of SMS?

This is a pretty serious problem for me. I use a Digits line to keep my work/personal cell traffic separate and now on my work Digits line I can't receive important on-call tech support pages, since they originate from a paging system using short code origination. I literally can't do my job with the Digits line as is. I've had to disclose my personal cell # and start having pages pushed to that now.

• makingfoodsinc

I have same issue also. Even digits app can not receive t-mobile Pin code text message, hope it will be fixed soon. Any updated so far?

Thank you

• magenta9480619

What is the time frame? This is a deal breaker for me. I cannot do my work without this. I just got this line and short codes are required to receive updates from my work. I am calling for a refund I guess.

• simataas

I have data with paired digits, which means I use DIGITS to have two devices/phones with the same phone number.  I also cannot receive short code texts via the DIGITS app.  I receive them on my primary phone, but not on my secondary, paired phone that relies on DIGITS.  This lacking feature is troublesome because many websites now require the additional security feature of texting access codes, but when my primary phone is at home and I am out and about using my secondary phone (which is daily while at work) I'm stuck without access to the sites I need.  So, DIGITS needs to prioritize adding this fundamental feature to allow receiving short code tests!  It's past time, T-Mobile!  Thanks.

• magenta10598642

Hello!!!

Recently discovered middle of the night not able to receive the text message from the bank for 2-factor authentication.   No customer service or bank open to help me unblock at this point in time as email is not an alternative for them.

I talked to one of T-mobile customer service representatives and after 1 hour of troubleshooting got to hear this is not working for DIGITS.  Really ???

Did some google and I see Mr.Chris from T-mobile already discovered CLOSE TO 2 YEARS BACK?

• Not sure if I should thank him or ASK a question to T-mobile how much time it takes for T-mobile to implement any specific feature?
                                              • The world is going towards AI and ML and we are still taking 2 years with no ETA to get customer issue resolve saying compatibility issue?

Sorry to say but I was wrong that T-mobile was better than other providers who use to think CUSTOMER FIRST with a recent couple of experiences. I hope this message will help priorities in fixing this issue.

tmo_chris

Correct Answer by tmo_chris on Mar 23, 2018 11:15 AM

Hey there! We discovered that some shortcode messages were/are not compatible with DIGITS, so we made the decision to turn them off. We’re working to make them available again in the future but do not have a time frame at this moment