All replies

• magenta9905590

105. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

A not too flattering article on T-mobile and LG for V30 updates and general phone support:

LG and t-mobile only hurting themselves with poor image

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/10/04/t-mobile-lg-v30-android-pie-9-0-update-heres-what-we-know-so-far/

• magenta10136417

106. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

Article blasting t-mobile and LG today on updates.

I will try and find the link.

go to piunikaweb  and look on front page you will find it

• magenta6552471

108. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

piunikaweb is nothing but sh*****t.

they just copy contents from twitter, reddit, and this fourm, everyting is we alrady know.

• magenta6790580

109. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

magenta6552471 wrote:

piunikaweb is nothing but sh*****t.

they just copy contents from twitter, reddit, and this fourm, everyting is we alrady know.

Maybe so, I've actually never even heard of this website.  Article seemed pretty spot on though. Wouldn't you agree?

• magenta6552471

110. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

1. Update not available yet.
              2. Kernel source code has been available for a while
              3. T-mobile will push the Update, No one knows exactly when we can get the Pie Update.
              • magenta6552471

111. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

I wish I can withdraw my first post.

Just my guess, T-mobile needs more time to test the T-mobile's bloatware.

It is easy to convert Sprint or AT&T LG V30 into a European Model with LGUP, But it is not possible to convert T-mobile's Variants.

Because T-mobile and LG are using a different way (or Different RSA signature) to keep their bloatware safe from CRACK.

T-mobile uses an APP called SIM-UNLOCK to unlock the network lock, But this has been cracked by a Russian company that can easily unlock the network lock now.

• magenta9905590

112. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

yes that article was "Spot On" . lack of updates and customers left in the dark.

Im am back to using my moto E5 (non t-mobile) (since it has recent security patches) I am able to use it in my work place.

• v3kt0r

113. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

Guys, "testing bloatware", really It already tested numerous timesThis phone just reached it's two years. This is just tactics to push us on getting new phones and spend more $. I think those big companies estimate that we would buy at least a one new phone every year. Tmobile is a part of this game. Since V30 is two years old it's not in first position for latest updates.

• newhere

114. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

Yes, it has been 2 years since launch, but only about 1 1/2 years since I bought mine. 

The industry does stop supporting phones eventually, but this is too soon. Mine isn't even paid off yet. Back in comment 92 I pointed out that this phone is "Android Enterprise Recommended" with updates guaranteed for 3 years (it seems this may be Google's statement though, it's not clear if LG and T-Mobile have to honor this).  This is better than my last phone, a Virgin Mobile prepaid that received no updates at all.  I hoped for better with a postpaid plan and flagship phone.  I just recently bought my V30 a big microSD card, because I was filling up its 64G, and I hope to keep using it for at least another year or more. It's newer than the phones many people I know use. The phone is still good, with all the performance I need. It's a pity if I have to stop using it because it doesn't have security patches.

The whole electronic industry has too much of a problem with premature obsolescence. I had to throw out a perfectly good printer because it wasn't supported with device driver updates, and a computer OS update left it not working. Apps on my TV and an online streaming box both stopped working after a couple of years when the app owners stopped supporting them.  The hardware is still good, but if I want all the functionality they originally had I have to replace them with a newer model.

I'm going to lose work email access at the end of the month unless T-Mobile gives me an update (which they don't let me easily do on my own).  If that happens I'll probably still keep the phone for now, and lose the convenience of checking email without my computer.

• magenta6790580

115. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

v3kt0r wrote:

Guys, "testing bloatware", really It already tested numerous timesThis phone just reached it's two years. This is just tactics to push us on getting new phones and spend more $. I think those big companies estimate that we would buy at least a one new phone every year. Tmobile is a part of this game. Since V30 is two years old it's not in first position for latest updates.

That is totally LG's MO, to push people into buying their newest phones.  They even fail at that by releasing new phones with already outdated versions of Android.  The V30 being a prime example.  Released on Dec. 2017 in the U.S. with Android 7 when Android 8 was already out.  If timely updates are important to you, stay away from LG.

• magenta6552471

116. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

Good news, T-mobile LG V30 ThinQ gets Android 9.0 Pie Update!

https://www.mylgphones.com/t-mobile-lg-v30-thinq-gets-android-9-0-pie-update.html

• magenta6552471

117. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

Hello everyone.

Pie Update now available.

Can not post links here, Currently being moderated.

just visit mylgphones dot com, You will see the firmware

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            • redoregon

118. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

Yes!  It's on LG Bridge, I updated this morning!  Hooray, finally!

• redoregon

119. Re: LG V30 Official Pie

It's out!  I got mine via LG Bridge, but I'm also seeing reports that some are getting it OTA.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next