All replies

• lampadaire1987

I tried the App and decided it did not work for me. After uninstalling it I have been unable to get visual voicemail back on my android (Essential) phone. Same messages as yours.

• jeffpas2

91. Re: Android Native Visual Voicemail Trouble

I'm having the same issue on my BlackBerry Key2. I've used the same SIM for my past few devices and even when using it on my current device the native vvm worked. I accidentally toggled visual voicemail off in the phone app settings back around June and since then cannot get it to enable. It's so frustrating.  The tmobile app is slow and I don't want to open another app just to check voicemail. Should all be done right from the phone app. I liked mobile when I first switch a few years ago from Verizon, but they seem to be slowly disabling features. Wi-Fi calling stopped and not vvm. ( wifi calling worked perfect on my key2 out of the box, then future updates disabled it). 

• magenta9625591

Dear T-Mobile:  It is very frustrating that this issue is being reported for so long without a solution.  Being a stock Android user, it is not hard to switch to a carrier that works properly.  I sincerely hope T-mobile will take care of this soon?

• magenta6790580

tmo_amanda wrote:

Absolutely, magenta6815496! I'm currently working with a few people on the multiple voicemail issues that have popped up around the Support Community. When I have answers to the VVM issues, I will most definitely update this thread.

How's the solution coming along?  Any updates to report?

• nakeddroid

94. Re: Android Native Visual Voicemail Trouble

Its sad that these asshats don't know their own network.

here is the fix

Download the T Mobile visual voicemail app

let it install and authenticate your phone, ( log in and listen to a voicemail with it)

uninstall it the TMO VV app

then go into the native android phone app and go into settings, and turn on visual voicemail.

(on one of my phones this last step was necessary, and on the other as soon as i uninstalled TMO VV app it just worked on my phone)

TMO apparently fails in the phone authentication  without using their own  app, I have had to do the after every major OS jump (Android 8-9-10) but not during incremental updates

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • vertisce

95. Re: Android Native Visual Voicemail Trouble

Unfortunately, this does not work for me.  I am using a Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra.  Without the crappy Tmobile app installed, I can turn on VMM in my voicemail settings but it will say that VMM is not activated at this time with no option to activate it at all.  It's grayed out and voicemails do not show in my phone app despite the tab showing there.  If I install the crappy Tmobile app, the option to use VMM in my phone app is entirely removed.  No option to turn it on and the tab disappears from the phone app entirely! 

I have followed your process several times to no avail.  It's just a vicious circle for me because Tmobile wants to force me into using their crappy app that I want nothing to do with.  I liked having the VMM feature integrated seamlessly into my phone app.  That's where it belongs.  That's how it should be.  I should NOT be forced to used a secound external app just to use VMM!  What the heck is Tmobile getting out of doing this to us?

My next step is going to be rooting my phone.

• bobnotblob

96. Re: Android Native Visual Voicemail Trouble

Late to the party, but glad I could make it...

Have a factory unlocked Moto G5. Android VM used to work great, now nothing. Not sure what changed, but I've done factory resets, reset carrier settings, deleted and manually set APN info, deleted that that and let the phone retrieve it's own settings. Cleared phone cache, cleared dialer app cache, etc.

I was also getting DNS errors for wifi calling, and guess what? No more DNS error, so that is cool, but still no native VMs.

• magenta6790580

bobnotblob wrote:

Late to the party, but glad I could make it...

Have a factory unlocked Moto G5. Android VM used to work great, now nothing. Not sure what changed, but I've done factory resets, reset carrier settings, deleted and manually set APN info, deleted that that and let the phone retrieve it's own settings. Cleared phone cache, cleared dialer app cache, etc.

I was also getting DNS errors for wifi calling, and guess what? No more DNS error, so that is cool, but still no native VMs.

"Welcome to the party pal."  A very disappointing party though.  The lack of any information from anybody at T-Mobile is a telling sign of just how much of a non-issue this is to them.  It's been a sticking point with me about the Un-carrier's attitude towards this issue.  This thread is a perfect example of just how much T-Mobile seems to care.  Nov. 19th 2018 was the last correspondence from T-Mobile.

• bobnotblob

Maybe every user in this thread should create a new support ticket and

threaten switching carriers, lol. I bet there would be more response then.

• magenta6790580

Here's another thread that's being ignored too.

It sucks TMo is disabling android native visual voicemail

• cici44

100. Re: Android Native Visual Voicemail Trouble

@nakeddroid, Thank you!! Your instructions did the trick!  I have a Moto X Pure Edition with Android 7.0 and the stock visual voicemail stopped working months ago. I thought it was because of the Android update, but now I'm not so sure. It's been frustrating as I couldn't tell if I had voicemail or not. I didn't get any sort of notifications like I would normally.  Now things are back to normal, thanks to you! In case anyone asks, I did exactly as instructed, including playing a voicemail from the TMO VVM app. At first, I didn't do this step and it didn't work.  I rebooted my phone and tried again from the beginning (install the TMO VVM app, played a voicemail, uninstalled). As soon as I uninstalled, the stock visual voicemail filled up with voicemails.

• dbwchas

101. Re: Android Native Visual Voicemail Trouble

As I just posted in the other thread mentioned, T-Mobile is switching VVM Platforms that's what is causing all the problems, they either know and want tell users, or their support staff are idiots and don't even know what is going on with their own company.  Mine quit Oct 1st, but I was unaware I wasn't getting notified I had any voice mails. I am not using their crappy VVM app which is what the rep told me to do. I tried it, it didn't work and I uninstalled it. MotoG4 Plus

I just looked on the NEWS tab on the T-Mobile site

T-Mobile provides multiple options for voicemail: Voicemail, Visual Voicemail (VVM), and Voicemail to Text (VTT).

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Starting September 29, BlackBerry and Windows Phone users voicemail will be moved to a new voicemail platform. This move will delete older messages

• blackknight23

102. Re: Android Native Visual Voicemail Trouble

When will you stop blocking native visual voicemail in the stock Android phone dialer app? People don't want to be forced to use the additional T-Mobile visual voicemail garbage app. Stop forcing your crapware on us.

• ahchoo

103. Re: Android Native Visual Voicemail Trouble

nakeddroid found the answer!

I followed his instructions and it worked perfectly with one additional step.

Here what I did...

1) Installed TMobile Visual Voicemail.

2) Activate Visual Voicemail using the TMobile Visual Voicemail app.

2) Listen to a voicemail inside of the TMobile Visual Voicemail app.

3) Delete TMobile Visual Voicemail app.

4) Open Android Phone Dialer. Go to Settings -> Voicemail. Turn off Visual Voicemail. Wait a few seconds. Turn back on Visual Voicemail.

At this point Visual Voicemail started working for me in the Android dialer and all voicemails show up, play and are transcribed.

Everything is working solid on my Pixel 3 now.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next