This discussion is locked
1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next
Branched to a new discussion.

All replies

• magenta4819417

Well here it is in TMOBILE's own words, here is to all those saying that say otherwise.

August 30, 2017

The newly-unveiled LG V30, the world’s first 600 MHz LTE-capable smartphone, will be available at T-Mobile this fall.

The Un-carrier is lighting up LTE in its new super spectrum at breakneck pace while simultaneously building for the 5G future with new network equipment from Ericsson.

Bellevue, Washington — August 31, 2017 — Forget winter: 600 MHz is here. Just two weeks after launching the world’s first 600 MHz LTE sites, T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced it will carry the LG V30 – the world’s first smartphone to support 600 MHz LTE. And the Un-carrier unveiled the latest location to go live with its new super spectrum in Scarborough, Maine. On top of that, T-Mobile announced that, beyond lighting up these new airwaves on LTE at breakneck pace, the Un-carrier is simultaneously laying a foundation for true nationwide 5G with breakthrough new equipment from Ericsson that supports both LTE and 5G.

“We’re lighting up our new super spectrum for LTE and laying the foundation for 5G so fast we’re making the other guys’ heads spin – and with the LG V30, everything is coming together in record time,” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “While the carriers try to fake their way to 5G and back off unlimited to keep their networks from caving even more, the Un-carrier’s building the future of wireless and a bigger, better, faster, future-proof network.”

The LG V30 will be the world’s first smartphone to support LTE on 600 MHz as well as other spectrum bands available from T-Mobile, and the Un-carrier plans to launch LG’s latest flagship nationwide this fall.

In addition to expanding and strengthening its LTE network with 600 MHz spectrum, T-Mobile announced plans earlier this year for a nationwide 5G network on this super-premium low-band spectrum. By deploying Ericsson’s new radio equipment, the Un-carrier is making 600 MHz LTE available today while building a seamless path to 5G on 600 MHz. When it’s time to launch 5G technology for consumers, the Un-carrier can upgrade this already-deployed 5G-ready equipment via software update, effectively turning on 5G on 600 MHz with the flip of a switch without having to touch towers twice.

T-Mobile plans to continue deploying LTE on 600 MHz at a record-shattering pace, starting in rural America and markets across more than 1.2 million square miles where the spectrum will be clear this year. The Un-carrier is on track to accomplish in six months what would normally be a two-year process from auction to consumer availability.

“They said it wouldn’t be possible. They said it wouldn’t be quick. Clearly, they don’t know T-Mobile,” said Neville Ray, Chief Technology Officer for T-Mobile. “Smartphones are coming, we just lit up another location with LTE on 600 MHz... AND we’re laying a foundation for nationwide 5G at the same time. The Carriers must get tired of T-Mobile continually running circles ‘round them!”

“The US has hit another milestone with the historic rollout of 5G-ready technology in record-breaking time. The work we’re doing with T-Mobile on its low-band spectrum is paving the way for 5G in rural America and nationwide,” said Börje Ekholm, President and CEO of Ericsson.

To bring 600 MHz LTE to customers at breakneck speed, T-Mobile is working closely with the FCC and broadcasters like PBS to clear the spectrum in record time, investing where necessary to preserve programming consumers care about while paving the way for new wireless coverage and competition for consumers. T-Mobile is also working closely with network infrastructure partners, chipset makers and device manufacturers. In addition to LG, Samsung also plans to launch phones that tap into this new spectrum.

Just two weeks ago, Cheyenne, Wyoming became the first city in the world to go live with a 600 MHz LTE network; and now that Scarborough, Maine has joined the club, both are about to get a lot more company. This year alone, T-Mobile is on track to launch 600 MHz LTE in parts of Wyoming, Northeast and Southwest Oregon, West Texas, Southwest Kansas, the Oklahoma panhandle, Western North Dakota, additional areas of Maine, Coastal North Carolina, Central Pennsylvania, Central Virginia and Eastern Washington.

Earlier this month, T-Mobile swept the awards in OpenSignal’s comprehensive wireless network study – based on more than five billion tests from real wireless customers – something no other major wireless company has ever done. And, with new 600 MHz spectrum accelerating the Un-carrier’s LTE expansion into rural America, T-Mobile is making America’s best unlimited network even better. T-Mobile has doubled its LTE coverage since 2015, currently covering 315 million people with plans to cover 321 million by year’s end. The Un-carrier owns a whopping average of 31 MHz of 600 MHz spectrum licenses that can cover every single American across the nation with low band spectrum that reaches twice as far and is four times better in buildings than mid-band.

• magenta4819417

Gramps,

Here is in Tmobile's own words. I leave the interpretation to you.

http://https://www.t-mobile.com/news/tmobile-600mhz

August 30, 2017

The newly-unveiled LG V30, the world’s first 600 MHz LTE-capable smartphone, will be available at T-Mobile this fall.

The Un-carrier is lighting up LTE in its new super spectrum at breakneck pace while simultaneously building for the 5G future with new network equipment from Ericsson.

Bellevue, Washington — August 31, 2017 — Forget winter: 600 MHz is here. Just two weeks after launching the world’s first 600 MHz LTE sites, T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced it will carry the LG V30 – the world’s first smartphone to support 600 MHz LTE. And the Un-carrier unveiled the latest location to go live with its new super spectrum in Scarborough, Maine. On top of that, T-Mobile announced that, beyond lighting up these new airwaves on LTE at breakneck pace, the Un-carrier is simultaneously laying a foundation for true nationwide 5G with breakthrough new equipment from Ericsson that supports both LTE and 5G.

“We’re lighting up our new super spectrum for LTE and laying the foundation for 5G so fast we’re making the other guys’ heads spin – and with the LG V30, everything is coming together in record time,” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “While the carriers try to fake their way to 5G and back off unlimited to keep their networks from caving even more, the Un-carrier’s building the future of wireless and a bigger, better, faster, future-proof network.”

The LG V30 will be the world’s first smartphone to support LTE on 600 MHz as well as other spectrum bands available from T-Mobile, and the Un-carrier plans to launch LG’s latest flagship nationwide this fall.

In addition to expanding and strengthening its LTE network with 600 MHz spectrum, T-Mobile announced plans earlier this year for a nationwide 5G network on this super-premium low-band spectrum. By deploying Ericsson’s new radio equipment, the Un-carrier is making 600 MHz LTE available today while building a seamless path to 5G on 600 MHz. When it’s time to launch 5G technology for consumers, the Un-carrier can upgrade this already-deployed 5G-ready equipment via software update, effectively turning on 5G on 600 MHz with the flip of a switch without having to touch towers twice.

T-Mobile plans to continue deploying LTE on 600 MHz at a record-shattering pace, starting in rural America and markets across more than 1.2 million square miles where the spectrum will be clear this year. The Un-carrier is on track to accomplish in six months what would normally be a two-year process from auction to consumer availability.

“They said it wouldn’t be possible. They said it wouldn’t be quick. Clearly, they don’t know T-Mobile,” said Neville Ray, Chief Technology Officer for T-Mobile. “Smartphones are coming, we just lit up another location with LTE on 600 MHz... AND we’re laying a foundation for nationwide 5G at the same time. The Carriers must get tired of T-Mobile continually running circles ‘round them!”

“The US has hit another milestone with the historic rollout of 5G-ready technology in record-breaking time. The work we’re doing with T-Mobile on its low-band spectrum is paving the way for 5G in rural America and nationwide,” said Börje Ekholm, President and CEO of Ericsson.

To bring 600 MHz LTE to customers at breakneck speed, T-Mobile is working closely with the FCC and broadcasters like PBS to clear the spectrum in record time, investing where necessary to preserve programming consumers care about while paving the way for new wireless coverage and competition for consumers. T-Mobile is also working closely with network infrastructure partners, chipset makers and device manufacturers. In addition to LG, Samsung also plans to launch phones that tap into this new spectrum.

Just two weeks ago, Cheyenne, Wyoming became the first city in the world to go live with a 600 MHz LTE network; and now that Scarborough, Maine has joined the club, both are about to get a lot more company. This year alone, T-Mobile is on track to launch 600 MHz LTE in parts of Wyoming, Northeast and Southwest Oregon, West Texas, Southwest Kansas, the Oklahoma panhandle, Western North Dakota, additional areas of Maine, Coastal North Carolina, Central Pennsylvania, Central Virginia and Eastern Washington.

Earlier this month, T-Mobile swept the awards in OpenSignal’s comprehensive wireless network study – based on more than five billion tests from real wireless customers – something no other major wireless company has ever done. And, with new 600 MHz spectrum accelerating the Un-carrier’s LTE expansion into rural America, T-Mobile is making America’s best unlimited network even better. T-Mobile has doubled its LTE coverage since 2015, currently covering 315 million people with plans to cover 321 million by year’s end. The Un-carrier owns a whopping average of 31 MHz of 600 MHz spectrum licenses that can cover every single American across the nation with low band spectrum that reaches twice as far and is four times better in buildings than mid-band.

• alex86

Thanks for coming to the dialog. This was exactly what I was trying to tell him and he wasn't having it like it's his job.

• alex86

Big big time insult to us all. I don't know how this isn't national news tbh. 2 years minimum of devices sold 5g ready are now not going to be.

Thanks for adding to the dialog. I still wish more people would get on the forums.

Think it has a lot to do with everyone bought their devices and were waiting but are now slowly finding out what actually happened.

• gramps28

magenta4819417 wrote:

Just google the words "v30 tmobile 5G" and you will find plenty of references.

Nothing from Tmobile states it's 5G ready.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=v30+tmobile+5g

• gramps28

You guys can read into it what you want but nothing states the LG V30 was going to be a 5G phone.

It was sold as a LTE band 71 phone not 5G.

• alex86

You can deny it all you want. But you are out of a 5g capable device. Is

that your point here? Act like you knew it so you aren't mad about it? It's

not reading into anything. It is plainly related and they lied. As the

majority of everyone who came to this thread knows and agrees.

• gramps28

alex86 wrote:

.As the majority of everyone who came to this thread knows and agrees.

So 4 people are the majority in which 2 miraculously found this thread and made a profile to

say they were lied to. Whatever.

• syaoran

It seems like they are confusing the mention of the 600MHz transmitters with devices. 

• syaoran

Feel free to hilight the parts of that announcement that specifically say, the LG V30 is capable of 5G, because I have read it a few times and nothing in there states that.

• alex86

Yea I actually did a few times and so did someone else yesterday. You are

directly responding to it. Again. Is this your job?

• alex86

I previously went over the actual numbers. Pretty sure in a direct reply

to you weeks ago. You can read them again if you want. However now those

numbers have increased and it's much more than 2.

Yea...here it is.....

December 8 2019 2:30 pm.

In a reply to you.

*"As I first mentioned I have nothing to prove. Only 3 people including you

are saying this did not happen.

You+ 2 others who posted on this thread do not agree. Me + 2 others who

have posted they do agree. That is 50/50. This thread has pushing 10 likes.

I'm going with 10 more agree? The thread I first linked In an early reply

to you has two more who agree. By my count that makes now ~16 v 3."*

So that 16 from December 8th +3 more posters +9 more likes brings that to

28 vs 3.

It would seem you are now suggesting I know these people? I do not. I have

one line on my account.

I'm now suggesting you work for tmo. Because here you are all day every day

here to do nothing but poorly attempt to discredit and argue.

• syaoran

This is definitely not my job, but I would be happy to work for such a great company in the future. 

I have yet to see anything in the thread that confirms what you and a few others seem to see, but the knowledgeable people who are regulars here don't seem to see what you are saying is written in that announcement.  Is there some sort of invisible paragraph that I am not seeing?

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next