Solved

2FA Authentication Apps

Hello,

I'm glad that T-Mobile is supporting 2FA authentication but honestly a preset PIN and texted codes isn't secure enough, I would really like to be able to use a TOTP 2FA app like Google Authenticator. When will support for this be added?.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 1 June 2018, 17:19

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey, @nxbrennan​! Our security is always evolving, so we definitely appreciate your concern. At this point there's not a plan or timeline for time-based 2FA that we can share; but we're happy to pass the feedback on. Thank you for posting!

No plan or timeline. They are really invested in security, huh? More lip service, no action.

Please enable 2FA with Google Authenticator or Yubico

Hi,  my operating system is not compatible with Google Authenticator.  Is there any plan to set up Yubico as a 2FA app?   

After the latest data breach, more security would be much appreciated!

Hi,  my operating system is not compatible with Google Authenticator.  Is there any plan to set up Yubico as a 2FA app?   

After the latest data breach, more security would be much appreciated!

Also requesting support for an Authenticator app called "Aegis". 

Please enable 2FA with Google Authenticator or Yubico

Google Authenticator for use with T-Mobile is now an option - https://community.t-mobile.com/accounts-services-4/feature-request-two-factor-google-authenticator-for-call-in-support-4717?postid=137523#post137523

Userlevel 2

Google Authenticator only helps if SMS/Text verification code can be disabled/removed.  Is that possible?  I can’t find any way to do this so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you mean shutting down the ability to receive short code then yes..that can be shut down on your line.

*edited realizing 2fa is now available 

Badge

When you use SMS and your line has an issue (ESIM is stuck in transfer), you end up with zero way to contact Tmobile other than go into a store, can’t even log into the website to chat with support… ugh