Question

4G and LTE Data network speeds terribly slow

• 4 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

Amid the pandemic lockdown, I’ve been indoors and mostly reliant on wifi. Today I had an outage and relied upon t-mobile data to carry me through the day and it let me down. Right from the morning, I either had no connection, or speeds of 0.2Mbps with very choppy connection. I tried calling Tmobile customer rep, who was kind enough to walk me through several steps to try resolving the issue. In the end he suggested me to switch off LTE for the time being to get around 2Mbps. An hour after that, the connection dropped dead for several hours. Now its back again with speeds around 1 Mbps. Tmobile customer reps are swearing that there is no outage reported in my area and I am the only customer with problems. I know there are no issues in my phone as data connectivity is fine in other neighbourhoods, and my wife also sees same issues as me. My neighbours are on ATT and they have no issues. I even stepped outdoors and walked around my neighbourhood to test for internet connectivity speed. While it is better than what I get inside my home, it is still less than 2Mbps. How can I convince tmobile to send engineers to this area and test connection speeds on the ground with their device? 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

What phone are you using & where are we talking about (zip)?

Badge

iPhone 11, zipcode 95133. Tmobile coverage map says excellent speeds at my address based on customer data.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’m not familiar with iPhones, but have you checked that your APN settings are correct? If you don’t know how try Googling it or take your phone into a Tmobile store. Are any open in your zip code? However, you are correct Tmobile reports excellent coverage in your zip - solidly!

Similar problem. Lte speed on ipad is around 0.2Mbps. Same SIM card in iPhone gives 80Mbps. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

What type of phone do you have? either way, try to do a full network reset. make sure network is registered to tmobile lte when you do near by search of networks, just in case you are not roaming around, even if you are at home. It’s to make sure your bands are set correctly. and of course make sure things are under us and under automatic/lte etc if you see it.

assuming it’s tmobile, for android and iphone, do this and reboot if it does not by it self.

Home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset.Tap Reset Network Settings.Type in the device password if prompted.Confirm selection. good luck :]

What type of phone do you have? either way, try to do a full network reset. make sure network is registered to tmobile lte when you do near by search of networks, just in case you are not roaming around, even if you are at home. It’s to make sure your bands are set correctly. and of course make sure things are under us and under automatic/lte etc if you see it.

assuming it’s tmobile, for android and iphone, do this and reboot if it does not by it self.

Home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset.Tap Reset Network Settings.Type in the device password if prompted.Confirm selection. good luck :]

Thank you. I tried that. No luck :(