Solved

5g cellspot?

• 14 December 2019
  • 9 replies

will tmobile be offering a 5g cellspot? I currently have the 4G LTE one as I have spotty service at my house, was wondering if there are in future plans for a 5G cellspot?

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 17 December 2019, 18:12

No plans as of yet but that is not to say it will never happen 😊

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5

No plans as of yet but that is not to say it will never happen 😊

Cellspot 5G in the works yet?  All of the major cell phone makers are now supporting 5G and wondered if there’s an update to this post.

How about now? Any plans yet for a 5G Cellspot?  Of course, a mmWave 5G capable cell spot would be the icing on a sub-600mHz 5G Cellspot cake!

I'm in the same situation as you and would love to see a 5g hotspot. Hang in there because it will come, and sooner than later. In fact, it will replace your current cable modem or DSL ISP. They're unique in the telecom industry because they don't own retro infrastructure that needs to be maintained, e.g. AT&T or Verizon. T-Mobile’s business is wireless. A 5G hotspot in your home would replace your current ISP with much faster and more reliable 5G.

It will take a few years, but it's an inevitable change in the way we access the Internet, and T-Mobile is far better equipped to take advantage of it than their competitors.

Full disclosure: I am NOT a T-Mobile employee, merely a shareholder.

I just did a speed test.  Inside I get inside 8MB download/3MB upload LTE. As soon as I walk outside I get 100MB download/30MB upload 5G.  I just want something to bring the higher speed inside.  

Badge

I just did a speed test.  Inside I get inside 8MB download/3MB upload LTE. As soon as I walk outside I get 100MB download/30MB upload 5G.  I just want something to bring the higher speed inside.  

You realize that a cell spot is off your internet connection? So if you don't have 100 mb download 30 up it wouldn't matter. My cell spot gives me 115 down and 50 up, but I have fiber. If that 8mb down and 3 up is off your cell spot than that is your internet speed.  It also depends on where you live, if you don't live in the woods a cell spot is useless, every one will be connected to your internet at that point. There is no way to stop it. So unless you are rocking internet speeds over 120 down and up, there is no point in getting a cell spot. With wifi calling and text on most phones its meaningless anyways, because the 4glte cell spot isn't a good router anyways. The only thing the 4glte cell spot can do is shoot cell signals further than a router can shoot wifi. I stuck mine on my roof, enclosed in a plastic container, and it sent 4g to the top of my hill which is almost a mile. I live in the woods tho, and even here people ended up using my internet, I seen them stop many times. My internet is fast though so I didn't care. 

What you want t mobile doesn't give you or sell, you need a 5g signal booster, which you can buy for like 500 bucks. Just make sure it supports tmobile 5g band. Though remember they will slow you down anyways after a point. Also make sure where ever u live if you don't own your house, will allow you to hook a triangle antenna outside and run coax from it inside.

Badge

I'm in the same situation as you and would love to see a 5g hotspot. Hang in there because it will come, and sooner than later. In fact, it will replace your current cable modem or DSL ISP. They're unique in the telecom industry because they don't own retro infrastructure that needs to be maintained, e.g. AT&T or Verizon. T-Mobile’s business is wireless. A 5G hotspot in your home would replace your current ISP with much faster and more reliable 5G.

It will take a few years, but it's an inevitable change in the way we access the Internet, and T-Mobile is far better equipped to take advantage of it than their competitors.

man that is 1000000 percent not ture at all, not even remotely close to reality. First this is talking about cell spots which work off your home internet. Second 5g wireless is limited like all the other wireless signals. If you think that they are just gonna give you unlimited 5g internet access you are way out there. It already is overloaded in highly populated areas, now you think some how they are just gonna offer every one 5g internet. 

It’s not a hotspot, cellspots are what this thread is about.  Also your assumptions about fixed antenna home-based 5G as well 5G Hotspots is presumptive and wrong generally speaking.  For example: I currently have 5Gbe+ for my home internet bandwidth.  T-Mobile’s 5G network won’t provide that kind of bandwidth, even if you aggregate 2 or 3 lines together, nor will they for years to come and by then my ISP will have bumped up their bandwidth offerings in kind. 

Another example is your last paragraph where you talk about wireless internet changing the world when in reality that revolution has already happened.  If you replace T-Mo 5G in what you said there with SpaceX’s Starlink then you’d be much closer to reality.

I need a 5G Cellspot to be compatible with my 5G T-Mobile Home Internet. I have to keep using my Consolidated Communication Wi-Fi router with my 4G LTE Cellspot for the time being.... This is getting pretty pricey for me 😠🙃