5G very slow all iPhone 12 Pro Max

• 18 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge

I am noticing that 5G is very problematic in the Tampa area and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. It is so bad that I may have to switch carriers because even though I have full bars on 5G I cannot make a call or browse the Internet. I thought 5G was supposed to be blazing fast but it rarely works for me but luckily at home I do not have a 5G signal

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

manually switch the phone to 4G only and see if it stabilizes. could be that 5G is there however still needs upgrades

Badge

I don't have it in the house either.  But 7.5 miles away it worked great 77mbps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I don't have it in the house either.  But 7.5 miles away it worked great 77mbps.

i have 5G in both my work and home town but it isnt anything worth bragging about currently. additional upgrades will eventually happen but until then i run on 4G only for more solid/stable speeds. fastest i have tested for 5G so far was 486mbps down and 48 up..not in my town or work town but still impressive to see what will at some point happen in my neck of the woods..possibly...eventually.. lol.

Same issues with lag and very slow internet performance, even using bank, financial, and e-commerce apps.  On my iPhone 12 Pro Max I see 5G and a couple to few bars, and many times, I don’t get any connection to the web at all.  This is my first day with the new service and phone.  Even away from home, I get full bars with 5G but same issues.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

After the most recent iOS update, I saw extremely slow download speed from my iPhone 12 Pro Max when on 5G.

The solution for me was to go into Settings… Reset… Reset Network Settings.

iPhone 12pro bought in October, I don’t believe it ever worked properly with mobile data: rates .3Mbs. Yes, .3Mbs. Works great on WiFi.  Finally someone at Apple acknowledged a problem, and  Apple sent a replacement phone, but it still doesn’t work.  Tech guys at both t-mobile and Apple haven’t a clue how to fix it.
Wife’s 12 mini gets blazing mobiledata speeds on her phone and also in my phone using her SIM card. I have new SIM CARDS on two lines, neither work on either phone. 
it’s been escalated twice at Apple and on am now on my third escalation at t-mobile.  If it’s not fixed soon, I’m off to Spectrum wireless. 

iPhone 12 Pro Max. I went to a busy vacation spot and my phone datawas unusable. Spent a ton of time on the phone with TMobile but no luck. Got back and it is still slow. Works great on Wi-Fi. 

I have the same problem with my iPhone 12 Pro Max.  I talked with T-Mobile a couple of times with no success.  New to T-Mobile and iPhone so I’m disappointed with my first experience.  I have not tried calling Apple so I will try that.  

Thanks

Thomas 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

the iphones have been having issues with their last update that was pushed out a bit ago..i think it was 14.5 or something like that.. might be the issues yall are seeing with the iphones. 14.6 is supposedly being released here soon.

I am noticing that 5G is very problematic in the Tampa area and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. It is so bad that I may have to switch carriers because even though I have full bars on 5G I cannot make a call or browse the Internet. I thought 5G was supposed to be blazing fast but it rarely works for me but luckily at home I do not have a 5G signal

It’s the exact same in Ann Arbor, MI right next to the stadium where they claim reception is best. It’s so bad here I paid an extra $5 because I couldn’t shut my e-scooter off due to no reception.