5GUC

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am to my wits end with this 5GUC crap. My phone simply doesn’t work when on it and hasn’t since their rollout. With the amount of complaints, why is T-Mobile ignoring this issue? I keep my phone on LTE just so I can use data when not on WiFi because of this. This is completely unacceptable. Why won’t T-Mobile address the serious issue? 

10 replies

5GUC makes my S21 ULTRA phone USELESS. I don't get my texts and notifications. My internet shuts down COMPLETELY. I have to switch airplane mode on and off. If that doesn't work, I have to turn it off, and back on.  It's sad that we were better off with Sprint... Shoot, NEXTEL was more dependable than THIS!! We went to a competitor's hot spot, now. I'd ditch the phone service I've had since the 90's in a heartbeat if family didn't travel to Germany often for work!!   FIX IT PLEASE. 

We also have no coverage either pry gonna have to go get internet someplace else as I work from home and now they are costing me money while charging me for a broken unreliable service...think we need to all make a bigger fuss clearly T-mobile isn't hearing us

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

So far I haven't had any problems with 5GUC I've been with T-Mobile for 2 years. 

No problems with it myself.

Stop displaying 5GUC on the device.  It overflows the notification area of the phone causing it to display a dot.  Put 5G+ instead, or something shorter.  

So far I haven't had any problems with 5GUC I've been with T-Mobile for 2 years. 

Anytime my phone switches to 5G UC the data connection slows down to a crawl. I'll barely get 10 MB download speed. When it flips to a standard 5G I'll get a 300 MB download speed. What a joke. If UC is supposed to be better then how come these losers can't get this right. Time to switch services 

Same issues here. Can’t get calls, can’t get on the internet, apps won’t work right. 

I would like to throw my complaint in here as well.  Ever since the 5GUC started showing up in my status bar, I cannot get reliable service (even with full bars in Manhattan, and a very clear view to the east).  People are getting my voicemail the majority of the time, and my phone sticks on “Calling...” without ever going anywhere, no ringing sound, etc.

Data has been very unreliable as well.

I am wondering if this has something to do with authorizing the sim card.  I regularly see an icon with an x over a sim card as it is disconnecting and reconnecting.  Restarting the phone or using the “Fix Connectivity” button temporarily resolves it, but it will act up again within minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I suspect that much of the UC is software.  I often have 5G UC on my device, even though 5G N41 (SA or NSA) cannot reach indoors, and often not outdoors either.

The other part, which is more interesting is the ‘Not Connected to Internet’ message from many apps.

I suspect that T-Mobile is using NAT GW (possibly double NAT) which doesn’t seem to handle wireless all that great, or it, along with Samsung/Qualcomm/T-Mobile are attempting to be more ‘Apple’ like in data usage, immediately severing data sessions when not running with established connections.

Many apps won’t work with it.  Sadly, a quick flip to/from airplane mode fixes these … but they shouldn’t be occurring in the first place.

I know since my cellphone Samsung S22Ultra began to show 5G UC.. data does not work there is not connection to internet or any apps work... the most poor service i never got before.   I Guess  “””UC””” means Unlimited Cut off service. so disappointed with suppose the fastest communication network. .

if they do not resolve the problem ..sorry but i will leave to another cellphone provider..

T-Mobile at this time your services are SUCKS.