Solved

700 MHz/12 band "extended LTE" status for Nebraska?

• 12 June 2018
  • 3 replies

I've looked at the coverage map for Lincoln, Nebraska, and there's nothing but mid-band spectrum covering the area. I read where T-Mobile has 700 MHz 12 band they were rolling out, but haven't heard anything recently on it as it's all about the 600 MHz/71 band, which does me no good as I have a brand new iPhone 8 which only supports the 12 band.

Basically, I get good signal outside, but inside some buildings it completely goes to "No Service". I can't even get text messages, let alone make a call, and forget pulling up a webpage. Is there any link or resource that shows T-Mobile's upcoming planned towers? The thing is, I don't think more towers is the issue---I think the mid-band spectrum is just horrible for obstacles/buildings. So is T-Mobile planning on continuing to roll out their 700 MHz, and is Nebraska even on the radar for this? Thank you

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 13 June 2018, 19:14

Hey there! I just checked out the Lincoln area and I am not seeing any 700 at this moment but I do see some modernization with an "LTE Soon" stamp. I cannot see if it is 700 unfortunately but there are additional LTE upgrades coming to the area.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey there! I just checked out the Lincoln area and I am not seeing any 700 at this moment but I do see some modernization with an "LTE Soon" stamp. I cannot see if it is 700 unfortunately but there are additional LTE upgrades coming to the area.

My understanding is they're planning on 600 here, but not sure on 700.   There are several towers shown on other sites that are broadcasting 600 already in the area.  I'm expecting we'll just have to get new phones (both of us have VZW phones, a 7 and a pixel 2).  It appears both will have Band 71 support in this fall's versions. 

Sure would be nice if we could piggyback on USCC in the area, like WI, IA, etc can, and I was told we could do also.  Doesn't seem to work, however.

Check out https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=310&MNC=260&type=LTE&latitude=40.75782075343991&longitude=-96.53242065468748&zoom=10&showTowers=true&clusterEnabled=true&tilesEnabled=true&heatMapEnabled=false&showOrphans=false&showNoFrequencyOnly=false&showFrequencyOnly=false&showBandwidthOnly=false&DateFilterType=Last&showHex=false&showVerifiedOnly=false&showUnverifiedOnly=false&showLTECAOnly=false&showBand=0&mapType=custom_map&showSectorColours=truehttps://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=310&MNC=260&type=LTE&latitude=40.75782075343991&longitude=-96.53242065468748&zoom=10&showTowers=true&clusterEnabled=true&tilesEnabled=true&heatMapEnabled=false&showOrphans=false&showNoFrequencyOnly=false&showFrequencyOnly=false&showBandwidthOnly=false&DateFilterType=Last&showHex=false&showVerifiedOnly=false&showUnverifiedOnly=false&showLTECAOnly=false&showBand=0&mapType=custom_map&showSectorColours=true

Band 71 is 600 MHz.  Band 12 is 700 MHz.  Unfortunately, most of the Band 12 is hogged by Verizon and US Cellular around here.  WHich is why it would be nice if we had USCC roaming.  I haven't seen it yet, even though I was told we did...