Question

A32 5G drops service with 5G or wifi calling enabled

• 29 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

We picked up a couple of the Samsung A32 5G phones recently.  I had repeated issues with losing the ability to make or receive calls as my phone would go to emergency calling only.  I have come up with a workaround that involves disabling wifi calling and switching the network to LTE/3g/2g.  This seems to allow the phone to function, but eliminates the benefits of 5G (the reason I got a new phone).  If either of these options is turned on, my phone will constantly lose connection.  I had the sim card replaced and have done a factory reset on the phone.  The issue is still happening to both phones.

3 replies

No answer for you, but I'm having the same problem with the same phone (Samsung a32 5g) bought at the same time (last week in May). The guys at the t-mobile store turned off wifi calling and installed a new Sim card, but it didn't resolve the problem. 

Same issue for me and my wife... Switch back to old phone and no issues

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Same issue for me and my wife... Switch back to old phone and no issues

Samsung’s software and firmware has been some of the worst over the past year and a half.  There is no sign of this getting better any time soon, but the issue of quality control in their software/firmware departments isn’t just a Samsung issue.  It’s an every manufacturer issue that they think they can get away with and blame on COVID.