Solved

Added to Random Group Texts

Badge

Starting yesterday, I am getting a text along with 19 to 20 others that my bill has paid with a link attached.  I do not open the link.  I had this happen 3 different times.  I block all of the contacts.  It happened again today.  I am sure there will be more coming.  How do I get out of this?

icon

Best answer by MattThompson 24 April 2022, 00:39

View original

15 replies

Our account has also been included into these group texts as well. 

If anyone has advice to get removed or block completely would be great. 

I have a group chat that I have been sent starting yesterday too are you all Apple or Android users I am kind of on verge of leaving TMobile b/c this is the third time info is leaking from their system

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I've have received 2 of these and they are going in my spam folder. This has nothing to do with Tmobile, they're just targeting random numbers on a phishing expedition.

We are also getting these random texts. How do you setup those to go to junk? I had to go and individually block every number there always shows in a group of 20. I wish iPhone had a bit easy setting to block all in this list . Or drop them to junk if we never had them in contacts 

Got it under Settings→ Messages → Filter unknown senders

let me see if this works 

Got it under Settings→ Messages → Filter unknown senders

let me see if this works 

Can’t do that if you are using phone to run a delivery or ride share app. It will block messages that you need.

You can also report it by taking a screenshot of the text and texting it to 7726 (SPAM). It's free. Not sure how much good it does but can't hurt. Dont respond to the text because it may alert the scammers that your number is valid. Texting STOP is useless with these. And obviously dont click the link.

This started on Friday 4/8, I was added to a 20 group message. I wasn’t able to leave the group message, a bunch of people in the thread started replying and someone even tried to FaceTime call. 

I muted the conversation and blocked each number thinking that was the end of it. But now I’m added to a new 20 group twice a day. Yesterday the same spam started on my wife’s number and another friend, we are all T-Mobile subscribers. 

This is a message is to T-Mobile management, you claim to have the best spam protection - what are you going to do?

Badge

I haven’t had any texts today.  I blocked all of the numbers from the first 2 sets of texts and then just deleted the 3rd set.  So far nothing.  Hopefully, it is over with for now.  Good luck everyone.

My last one was this morning. Clearly this is affecting a lot of people so hopefully T-Mobile is monitoring this and starting to block the originators. 

https://piunikaweb.com/2022/04/09/t-mobile-scam-group-text-troubles-users-heres-how-to-block-them/

https://piunikaweb.com/2022/04/10/t-mobile-scam-group-text-troubles-users-heres-how-to-block-them/

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I haven’t had any texts today.  I blocked all of the numbers from the first 2 sets of texts and then just deleted the 3rd set.  So far nothing.  Hopefully, it is over with for now.  Good luck everyone.

Same here, I just get a notification about a spam text but it doesn't show in my sms feed.

The tmobile rep I spoke to wasn’t in good mood. He said he wanted to be focused on the topic but Tmobile can’t do anything.. It should be easy for them to do filtering since the content is almost similar each group text.

I wished that Apple has a way to block group from that group text. Its crazy to think we need to do individually block each and every number. I submitted that feedback to Apple. 

I suppose there is a FCC or FBI report can we file, and since its disturbing I suppose we should probably do that.. I haven’t found the link I’ll post once i get a chance.

I have had the same issue and have been receiving this group text messages since April 8, 2022 as well.  I did received another group text this morning April 13, 2022.  I have blocked the numbers and have forwarded it to 7726.  I hope t-mobile can fix this soon.

Same happen to me today.  Fixed by going to messages settings → Block numbers and spam → Block numbers → Conversation.   Selected the Group conversation and blocked all numbers.