Question

All International Data NOT working after purchasing data pass

Badge

Hi All.

I’m currently in France, on Magenta Plus and have a Pixel 4a. I’ve had problems with my international data with this trip and haven’t had problems in my previous trips to Europe.

From the beginning, the phone/SIM didn’t automatically register that I was in Europe, whereas my partner’s phone did.

After being on the phone with tmobile’s customer service for 2.5 hours telling me to restart the wireless data/airplane mode/restart phone and everything on my phone (except factory reset), it turned out to be something on tmobile’s network side that had to be adjusted/reset.

International 2G roaming eventually worked but after trying to purchase an international data day pass, the same thing happened. I lost all international roaming ability. I got back on the phone with customer service and they had to reset/adjust whatever it was on their side again for me to have the 2G international data.

I was dumb enough to try again to purchase the international data day pass right now and again, I lost all international roaming 2G data ability.

Not sure if this a unique case or if anyone has had this experience.

If you’d had success with fixing this problem without having to be on the phone with customer service, please let me know. 

Thank you

0 replies

Be the first to reply!