Question

Bad cell signal 5G/LTE ina good coverage area.

Badge

Ever since we been with TMobile this has been an ongoing isue and the only response is we should be getting good isgnal but they are working on towers nearby. This has been years, seriously why do they seem to give shotty coverage when in or outside your house, but when I drive a few feet away from home my signal shoots up. Happens in my neighbors yards too. This is shady practice 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Our Tech Care can file a Service Complaint for that specific address. That’ll get engineers to take a look further and see what’s happening with service. You should message our T-Force team on FB or Twitter. You can also give our Tech Care a call back and ask them to check on a Service Complaint or file one for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Ever since we been with TMobile this has been an ongoing isue and the only response is we should be getting good isgnal but they are working on towers nearby. This has been years, seriously why do they seem to give shotty coverage when in or outside your house, but when I drive a few feet away from home my signal shoots up. Happens in my neighbors yards too. This is shady practice 

This is not uncommon in some locations.  Eg.  At home (outdoors) I’ll get ~400Mbps with 4G/5G.  4 houses down, it drops to 100Mbps due to the direction of the cell panels and slight terrain change between street and tower (hill/trees).

I’ve heard the typical ‘modernization’ excuse (6 years and counting) in areas now marked as ‘limited’ which were marked as ‘No Service’ 2 months ago (hint:  there was no ‘limited’ in previous maps, hence the ‘No Service’).