Question

Band 66 vs band 4

• 13 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have Moto Z play and always have problem with T-mobile data speed being slow. T mobile was kind enough to send cell spot booster but it doesn’t make a difference. My apartment is blocked by a tall building I can only get 3 bars max outside and 1-3 bars inside. The Z play doesn’t have band 66 or 71 and always connect via band 2 or 4. So I recently bought a Moto Z3 play which has band 66 and 71 hoping it will improve the speed. To my surprise it actually gives slower data speed. Hot spot connection down load speed is lower than 1 mbps on band 66.

How is that possible?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Keep in mind that band 66 is a superset of band 4 and in many places what people see as band 66 is just band 4 (AWS 1) with a MFBI (Multi-Frequency Band Indicator)

As for why the Z3 would be slower, that’s hard to say. There’s so much happening with T-Mobile’s network right now that anything’s possible.

Badge

OK, considering the frequency is same the penetration should be the same, right? So why is it slower than band 4? 

I am thinking to buy the 5G phones but it seems the penetration capability will be less.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I don’t have answers for your speed question. Was the Cell Spot you received the kind with two boxes, one you place in the window, or was it the type you connect to your Internet router?

Samsung A71 5g connectivity 

Issues.

Have service until 8am, then nothing.  A71 5g shoes on status bar, but phone says offline.  Calls go to voicemail no ringing. Loads of problems with Samsung a71 5g phone.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@cynthialojo1123  To start a new thread, you need to click the “Ask a question” link on the upper right hand corner of the page.