Solved

Came from at&t with my S& Edge and LTE is horrible sometimes.

I switched from AT&T and had my S7 Edge unlocked. Lots of times when I do a speed test it's like 1mb down and .25 up (1/4 of a mb). There are times where it's 50 down and 5 or 6 up, but right now it's 1 down and it won't even do upload. I've flashed the phone over to the TMobile Orea rom from Sammobile, but that didn't change anything. In my room at my house (not a giant room) I've gotten super slow speeds and 50 down 4 up (looks like Band 2 is slow and maybe band 4 is fast). Checking the coverage map, my house is in the darkest pink there is. What can I do to get a better, more stable LTE experience?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 20 July 2018, 22:04

Filing a ticket with our Tech Care folks is the next best step. That'll get our engineering team to investigate what's going on with the service and help get this resolved for you.

View original

16 replies

I came across a reddit post and it let me to turning off band2 which seems to speed things up a bit. Is there something wrong with band2 or something?

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/7ulhwr/lte_and_lte_is_very_slow_or_not_working/

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I haven't heard of there being an Issue with Band 2. Have your speeds improved at all? We suggest folks that bring their own devices make sure they have the correct settings in the phone based on our BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings page.

Today the speeds are decent 60down and 12up. Some days it's much lower, especially on the upload. the APN are as they should be (I'm using the TMobile rom on this phone).

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

That's awesome! Thanks for the screenshots by the way. Are you only seeing the speeds decrease at your home? Have you tested in other areas to see the results?

Just wanted to check in on the questions by Mike! 😊

-Lauren

Yes, every city is slower than dialup when on band 2.

Hmm.

Have you tried your same SIM card in a T-Mobile branded device?

-Lauren

No, I don't have one to do that with.

Do you happen to ever have friends or family members with T-Mobile devices used in those same areas to see if they share your experience?

-Lauren

ok, here's what I did. I grabbed 3 friends with Tmobile and we all did various speed tests, which all matched. It looks like TMobile just has bad coverage around here because we all got the same bad speeds.

Well band 2 sometimes does doesn't have enough bandwidth as band 4 at least on we're I live it runs at 5x5 mzh but band 4/66 is running at 20x20mzh much more bandwidth these inconsistent speeds could be resolved with carrier agradation using band 2 and 4 this should add more capacity into the area tho I think it might be already active

This was all on band 4. I had to turn band 2 off because it doesn't work for me. I have to say that in central Texas, AT&T has much better speeds.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Filing a ticket with our Tech Care folks is the next best step. That'll get our engineering team to investigate what's going on with the service and help get this resolved for you.

Do you have a link I can use? Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You'll wanna use the social media links on our Community-2153​ page or call our Tech folks. They'll get the ticket filed for you and get to work on it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi again.

Have you gotten in touch with our Tech folks and filed a ticket for this? Please let us know. Thanks.