Solved

Can I roam in Cuba?

• 30 January 2016
  • 6 replies

What's the situation with roaming in Cuba?  When I try to look up the roaming rates for Cuba on T-Mobile's web site, the country is not found.

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 31 January 2016, 17:18

Hey there @mikeschumann

It appears that we do not have coverage in Cuba. If you're planning on traveling there, you could unlock the phone and use a local sim there as an alternate way to get service.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

View original

6 replies

Interesting question. I've heard that AT&T has roaming in Cuba. Roaming in Cuba is way expensive. The Cuban telephone monopoly loves to stick it to the tourists. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey there @mikeschumann

It appears that we do not have coverage in Cuba. If you're planning on traveling there, you could unlock the phone and use a local sim there as an alternate way to get service.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

TelnaMobile also offers roaming in Cuba. You don't have to change carriers. Just use the Telna SIM.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/cuba.htm

Hi, the deal that was announced in May that would allow T-Mobile roaming in Cuba was supposed to go into effect this summer. It's October now. Is there any news about this?

TM  now has roaming in Cuba!   Not cheap.  $2/min for voice.  50 cents for outgoing text (incoming free).  $2/meg for data.  Should now be on TM's site.  (Verify my  numbers)

Wifi calling is free - IF you can find wifi.