Question

Can't call my own husband?!

Badge

Why am I unable to call my own husband?! I am getting so upset with T-Mobile and no one actually does ANYTHING when you call. I will call my husband and he can't hear me and I can't hear him. He will call me back and we can hear fine.  Also, we try to call each other and as soon as the person answers the call disconnects. I can't tell you how many times this has happened. It's pretty bad that we pay all this money for this service and are stuck because of our phone payments and still have to pay for a burner phone to get reliable service!!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

type of phones?

is this location based (as in youre primarily home and he is out and about and you are running into this or you can be both away from home and it still happens)?

is this while connected to wifi calling or regular mobile?

Badge

We both have the Samsung Galaxy Note Ultra 20 5g. When he can't hear me when I call... it's anywhere. When we can't reach each other and it hangs up on the other when we answer one of us is usually at our home. We are never connected to WiFi at home because we get our wifi from T-Mobile. Wifi calling rarely works on these phones anyways when we try from elsewhere. I'm getting so frustrated I was to 😭. I have talked to t mobile SEVERAL times over the last few months and they always say "there is a tower down near you within the last week and it is expected to be fixed within a great days" I am starting to feel they are feeding me a line. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

you might try contacting TMO through either Facebook or Twitter...main reasons are

mass majority of people that use that route get better service/answers

and to see if they give you a different answer compared to the call in agents..

Badge

Thanks, I didn't even know you could do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

yeah the site here is primarily peer to peer with some moderation to keep order.. no actual agents..or at least no agents that can access account info etc.

Same here. My whole family can’t hear calls at home since the merge.  All iPhones with 3 out of 4 bars.  Wasted hours trying to resolve.  In-laws with Samsung phones have the same issue so very unlikely a phone issue.  They even gave us a booster that worked for a short while, but doesn’t anymore.  They had it download updates with no luck.  I’m going to have to switch, I hate switching, but have wasted too much time trying.  My Verizon work iPhone always works here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Same here. My whole family can’t hear calls at home since the merge.  All iPhones with 3 out of 4 bars.  Wasted hours trying to resolve.  In-laws with Samsung phones have the same issue so very unlikely a phone issue.  They even gave us a booster that worked for a short while, but doesn’t anymore.  They had it download updates with no luck.  I’m going to have to switch, I hate switching, but have wasted too much time trying.  My Verizon work iPhone always works here.

no wifi at home to utilize that and get your signal back?

We have tried WiFi calling which is hit and miss.  The booster they sent requires WiFi, but has a 4G light flashing when it’s not working for some reason.  I went to T-Mobile today and she looked up our address and said there is nothing she can do to improve our service as her map shows green vs pink in that area.  She put another SIM card in and said we hate to lose your business, but understand if you need to switch.  Worked perfectly fine with Sprint…

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

It may sound awful, but if T-Mobile has migrated you from Sprint, and your coverage now is unusable, AND T-Mobile says that there’s nothing that she can do … you’ll need to escalate to management, especially if you have paid for devices or are making payments.   If they can’t transfer you to ‘customer care’, file a BBB complaint and it will get escalated to ‘Office of Executive Management’ where T-Mobile ‘may’ have you return your device and port you to another carrier.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

In some areas, like near me, Sprint towers have been shut down, T-Mobile doesn’t really claim to know that they are Sprint, but have been used w/o issue as roaming for the past 2 years, by T-Mobile users and used naturally as Sprint.  T-Mobile’s ‘office of executive management’ states that it will be 3-6 months before a ‘new’ site comes online in the area.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

How do I sign up for calls from my spouse not working? 🤣