Question

Can't Recieve Prison Calls

• 16 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a Samsung Galaxy 11. So someone in prison I have been talking with for a while has been trying to call me for a while now and it wont work. I get the call it has a recorded message saying so and so is calling and tells me to press 1 to receive this free call. Ill press one and nothing will happen. I use to have a Moterola and then I made a phone switch and provider switch and now it just wont work. Is it something in settings I need to switch, or can T-mobile just not accept prison calls.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I think you have to turn off Scam Blocking. One of the settings in the Scam Block app is to send Prison/Jail calls to voicemail. Not sure. Not a problem I have.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Does your devices dialer have an option to enable DTMF tones?

Badge

I think you have to turn off Scam Blocking. One of the settings in the Scam Block app is to send Prison/Jail calls to voicemail. Not sure. Not a problem I have.

I don’t believe I had it on, I just uninstalled it because I find apps like that tend to also block allot of the actual calls I need from blood work facilities and such, but is their somewhere in the normal phone settings were this might be effecting it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

You might try entering #OFB#<send>

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/self-service-short-codes#fourthheading

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Interestingly enough, I encountered a similar issue to this yesterday evening.  I called in to pay my internet bill with my cable provider, which I normally pay through their automated system.  It wouldn’t recognize any of the number options I selected and tried multiple times.  I tried calling their support over the issue, but everything was fine on their support line, including every number pressed to get through the menus.  I eventually called their local number instead of their toll-free number and was able to use the automated system to make a payment.  I am not sure what the issue is, but their toll-free line for billing right now does not recognize any options I select through pressing numbers.  

I would say this is an issue that isn’t on T-Mobile’s side and is on the side of the Prison phone systems case in regards to the OP, just like with my ISP’s, which I have reported to their support team.  Perhaps give the State Correctional Institute a call and see if they can have the issue looked into.