Solved

Can’t send messages with T-Mobile, Error 50

• 8 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

“Can’t send messages with T-Mobile, Error 50” notification. Everytime I try or resend it seems to give me that message. 

Any idea what is causing this error? On Android 11.

icon

Best answer by magenta2053076 26 May 2022, 21:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

What type of phone are you using? How long have you been having this problem? Any recent software changes? Also are you using a VPN on this device? Not enough info to give you any possible solutions/

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It’s a Fairphone 4 bought from the Netherlands. I’ve been having it for the past week since I just turned on my phone on after I removed my SIM card from the old phone and put in this new phone. I didn’t own this phone until the last two weeks when I opened the box and decided I wanted to replace my old handset and use the nano SIM card on this phone. No software changes were done. It was stock software that came with the phone on Android 11. I’m using no VPN on this. I have tried to tweak my APN settings a few times but I don’t get anything really detecting the settings being wrong. I know when I put this back in my old phone it says I’m using incorrect settings and TMO sends me an automatic text message with correct settings. Then all I have to do is click on the button or link and it automatically works with the settings. I seem to have APN settings for IMS, SOS, emergency and the default other settings for fast.t-mobile.com

Be sure that VoLTE is enabled. I don’t know off the top of my head where to find those settings. I’m curious how the Fairphone works for you otherwise.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I just wanted to confirm that the phone is now working. It was giving me an error 50 because TMO was BLOCKING my account since it was a new phone and I think it was international and had never been used. They had to get do *#06# to get my IMEI and then register me on the network. I was on the phone for about 30 minutes. They had to escalate it to someone with authorization to unblock me since it was about Sunday when I called. Then they said would call me back in an hour since the person wasn’t immediately available or it took time to get registered. After about 1 hour the person called me back and we tested the SIM on the old and new. It wasn’t initially able to receive messages but could send. After they unblocked a few more things it worked on the Fairphone 4. I also took out the SIM and tried it on the old phone again and it took about 5 minutes and it registered the old phone handset again which is what I wanted so I could swap back and forth. The rep said it takes a while but it does take time to swap between handsets but they had unblocked me entirely. After the call I put it back in the new handset again. So it works in the USA this phone. It does sometimes go to H++ or 4G depending on area, but usually is 5G. I have no major problems with this phone and seems like an upgrade and faster and more stable. The battery is slightly less capacity than my old handset that had an after market battery for a non-Fairphone handset. Also the Android 11 operating system on this handset is nice, but I don’t like that Google makes sdcards restricted in the name of security. I like being able to access my disks. All in all this seems to be working now.

The VoLTE suggestion above seemed irrelevant, but thanks for the help, I just broke down and called their help support (wasn’t sure they supported the new phone but they did!)

No APN settings needed to be modified as they were recognized by the phone already. It was a SIM IMEI blocking and registration issue on TMO’s end. Apparently they blocked the phone from sending texts but I could get internet still.