Can’t send/receive SMS or MMS messages for a week.

Badge

Can’t send/receive SMS messages for a few days now. i can use iMessages fine but sms messages don’t work. Talked to an inexperienced support all day yesterday and he made me reset network settings among other useless attempts. That didn’t solve my problem  but added more. Now waiting for “engineers” to contact me in 3-5 business days.  While i have no sms service.  Any suggestions? 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to change the settings in iMessages to let you use sms/mms program.

You can do a Google search to find out how.

Badge

You need to change the settings in iMessages to let you use sms/mms program.

You can do a Google search to find out how.

Already checked that myself, plus all the other steps in official troubleshooter. 

Ive had the same problem. I thought I had fixed by doing a hard reset. It fixed the problem but only temporarily. The exact same problem returned after a few days. Its weird but I can text my mom and my extra phone using the secure encryption. but anybody else in my contacts I cant text. I can receive texts but cant respond.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

try turning secure encryption off maybe?

Nope. Already went thru all the troubleshooter steps. Its an T-mobile Network issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Nope. Already went thru all the troubleshooter steps. Its an T-mobile Network issue.

that is affecting no one else but you in this scenario..if it were a network issue then you would see it blowing up in here about it.

are you also using an Iphone like the OP is or Android?

that is affecting no one else but you in this scenario..if it were a network issue then you would see it blowing up in here about it.

are you also using an Iphone like the OP is or Android?

I've seen posts about this going back over 5 years. It may not be a huge problem but it exists in various forms. Go do a search for “cant send texts” and you'll find it a T-Mobile network issue. Unless you have a solution, quit responding to my post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

oh sure thing..hang tight and im sure a TMO tech will jump right over to help you any minute now.

I've had this exact issue for months now. I got told by customer care that I had a block from the FCC, due to my number being hacked and used to send mass spam texts. If have issues sending to certain people, but not others, nothing I did helped or fixed the problem. As far as the incompetent CSRs that TMobile has for some reason, allowed to handle customer care, I've had the worst time, being hung up in, treated rudely, without me provoking it,  disrespected, and pretty much told that the reason my address was put in wrong, and I had to order and pay for another phone just to get it, because TMobile has a security lock on not allowing any entity but them, to change the receivers address, and for an entire week for hours daily, I was asked to do the exact same thing as the day prior, told my phone would be delivered in 24 hours, I promise, to having a CSR pretty much tell her coworker that she's not helping the spoiled daddy's girl, add appropriate curse words instead of girl, get her phone, not realizing that I heard it, told me the wrong employee number, then proceeded to tell me I had to call ups to change the address, it wasn't her job. And that was just 1 day of this blame game in the  customer for the address being entered in the computer wrong, and doing absolutely everything they could to do nothing at all. And even after complaining and taking the surveys, and responding to the follow-up email, explaining why I was thisclose to switching providers, I still haven't got an apology, follow-up email explaining whatever happened to make my 2 day shipment a week, and the phone I have isn't even the original order, it was placed on Monday and delivered on Wednesday. And never got referral bonuses, or rebates on accessories, after doing my part to get it, so I'm fed up with the laziness and rudeness, and the extreme non helpful attitude that is presented by everyone I spoke to. What the heck happened to the customer care team for each account? The going above and beyond to help a customer out with whatever problem. When I asked why my texts weren't being sent, she literally said in sarcastic tone, "are u sure they aren't ignoring u, or wanting to even talk to u?" SMH shame on u TMobile, for allowing this happen multiple times to the same customer, and now I'm seeing that it must have been a network wide issue. Got in the ball TMobile, ur starting to fall off the top spot.