Question

Cannot call out. I keep getting "server unreachable". I receive texts and phone calls, but cannot call out myself.

I have a Galaxy A10e. My account is current. I can call out most days. However, at least every other week my phone will not let me call out, LIKE NOW. It says "server unreachable". It has happened in my home, at the store, etc, and this happened before COVID. Now, I'm just really annoyed. Also, at least once a week, my texts will show "fail to send" with an orange exclamation next to it. However, the people I am texting are receiving the texts unknown to me. If I restart my phone, the problem is usually solved, but not with the calling out problem. I sometimes have to wait until the next day before I can call out again. I cannot even call *611 because it says "server unreachable" right now. What is the problem?

18 replies

Do you have WiFi Calling turned on or off.

Off

Well, that blows my theory all to flinders. I've got nothing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

AND you have "Cellular Preferred" ticked as your choice? NOT "Wifi Preferred"? 😕

Where do you find that? WiFi calling is off.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Go into the settings of the phone call app and tap on "Wifi calling". The 2 choices should pop up - "Wifi Preferred" and "Cellular Preferred". 😉

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

I found the steps here, you may need to tap the Keypad first.

Wi-Fi calling: Samsung Galaxy A10e | T-Mobile Support

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi there!

Have you checked out the link above? Please give it a shot and let us know if that helps.

Yes, cellular preferred is selected. Also, when I send out a text in group text to 25 people for work, my system still gets bogged down. The "server unreachable" happens on calls out. No other texts can go out. And half of the people do not receive them despite me not getting any alert that it was not sent out. It happens every single time. I have unlimited everything. To work around this issue, I am having to send individual texts to 25 people with copy and paste. This is not a solution. I have to reboot my phone after every group text and that resolves the "server unreachable" half of the time.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Taking a look at our Messaging and Email troubleshooting​, one of the big things we recommend is deleting all the text message threads on your device to make sure they haven't gotten too large. Have you tried that? You'll probably want to download an app to back up the messages first, and we'd want to test with all the messages deleted.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hey, just curious if you've taken a look at Ian's post. Please give us a reply and let us know how things are going.

I am having similar issues with the same model phone.  Currently, I can't recieve or make calls.  None of the aforementioned solutions have worked for me.  Please inquire and advise.

Has anyone mentioned where they are located when this happens? T-Mobile customers have been having an issue in Vermont with phones locking onto VTel's ISP signal but not being able to use it.

I have been having the same issue for six months or more. I thought this issue was an issue with my old Samsung Galaxy I had. In February I purchased a new Samsung A20 and the problems have persisted. When I get "server unreachable" I am unable to send or receive calls or text messages. From time to time when this occurs, I receive an incoming message 35 to 40 times. This occurs with voicemail notifications as well. This will last for 30 to 45 minutes. The only way to correct the issue is by resetting network settings but this will only correct it for so long. I have completed factory resets, had a warranty exchange, sim card replacements, network resets, and every possible tip and trick to no avail. I have been with t mobile for 14 years and I'm told it's where I live and that's the problem. I've lived in the same small community for 11 years and have told them this is not site specific. It happens in many different communities. I've walked into t mobile stores and they look at my phone like it's possessed and say they have no idea either.  After 40 to 50 hours of my time, I requested an iPhone and going to try it out. I believe this is a Samsung issue at this point.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Sometimes, when we transfer our info & settings to a new phone, we transfer old problems as well. When you factory reset your phone, before you transfered your old information, did the phone work? Did you ever try it in pristine condition? 😕

I am having same issue all the time and am sick of hearing it is my cell phone not the network so I got something in a snap shot it isn’t my phone it is there network. I along with all of you pay a good amount of cash to have a cell service so it should work right at least 90% of the time Especially from a company that claims to have the largest network of coverage of all !!! This is a web page from there site no kidding so how can they keep telling me it is my cell phone this is on my pc, I’m sorry buy no respect to a company that will keep lying and putting it off on there customers. This problem has been happening on my phone from the start of there sprint merger and they said the issues from there blackout were fixed!! I DON'T THINK THEY WERE TMOBILE !!!!! I will be going to the BBB and Consumer Affairs cause I’m sick of this not getting fixed. I use my phone like others as part of my job and keep losing jobs cause people can't call me you people should be ashamed of yourselves. I’m only one little voice in a world of alot but i’ll be screaming and I hope I get heard. 

I have a Samsung galaxy A20 and it does the exact same thing and has been for months now. Maybe it's the Galaxy A Series. Just throwing it out there. There's other phone lines on my plan and mine is the only Samsung Galaxy A20 and the only that does this. 

Same thing - for a month or more I lose my cellphone WHILE I AM WORKING AND NEED IT! just left Verizon for T-Mobile - looks like a BIG mistake.