Question

Cant view home cameras with T-Mobile iPhone but can with AT&T service.

• 29 December 2016
  • 58 replies

Show first post

58 replies

One other tidbit: this is only a problem with iOS 11; my iPad with ios10 does not require VPN to work. Me thinks it is IOS related.

cant vie in live view on 4g with att or tmobile..

ipv6 made no difference at all. ven if i forced ipv6.

however this worked for both.

if i turn the phone into a hotspot while they are on 4g, and connect to the other phones hotspot with either a att or tmobile phone, live view works. weird.

so this doesnt mater if its 4g or not.

something with the way the app handles the connection.

i need to port scan everything and see.

Hey, if it helps you can get the pc version of xmeye from http://xmeyepc.com/. It is the new CMS tool. Hope that helps.

I know this could be a few months old But I've been having the same challenge with my ip cameras,this happens  after  my phone  Major update   I call the cameras manufacturer they did everything  to try to  figure out  then I Call T-Mobile they refer me to my mobile device manufactory after searching in reading and talking to friends I went back to T-Mobile Tech Support there were able to reset my phone to ivp4/ivp6  So far my cameras of working beautiful  Thank you I just want to share that with you guys

Did you get a solution to your issue? I ask because I have the same issue and was just on the phone with tech support and they couldn’t give me an answer. I was able to view my cameras on Verizon fine but not with T-mobile. I would really like to know so I can fix it on my end. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The solution is to use a VPN.

Here is the solution - Note 10 Plus -5G

You need to make your APN default to IPv4 for your cameras to work

Step by step below. (your steps may be different to get to the same menu, but settings will be the same)

APN & data settings

1. From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap the Connections tab.
  4. Tap More networks.
  5. Tap Mobile networks.
  6. Tap Access Point Names.
  7. If available, tap the T-Mobile US APN (the bullet point fills with green). If not available, tap the Menu key, and then tap New APN.
    Note: To reset your APN settings, tap the Menu key and then tap Reset to default.
  8. Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN:
    • Name: T-Mobile US LTE -IPv4 Only
    • APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    • Proxy: <Not set>
    • Port: <Not set>
    • Username: <Not set>
    • Password: <Not set>
    • Server: <Not set>
    • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    • MMS proxy: <Not set>
    • MMS port: <Not set>
    • MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    • MCC: 310
    • MNC: 260
    • Authentication type:<Not set>
    • APN type: <Not set> OR Internet+MMS
    • APN protocol: IPv4
    • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
  9. Tap the Menu key.
  10. Tap Save.
  11. Tap the desired APN profile you want to use then try the internet, then your cameras.

I had the same issue after upgrading from Note 8 to Note10+ 5G.  At first figured it had something to do with the 5G,  so I disabled 5G and still didn't work.  After tons of searching, stumbled on this thread.  Setting APN protocol to IPv4 fixed the issue, or you could even set it to IPv4/IPv6 and it'll work.

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately for iPhone users,  you can't change APN settings afaik.