Solved

Carrier Hub MCM client requests are processing messages

• 20 November 2020
  • 59 replies

Show first post

59 replies

I just bought a new T-Mobile oneplus 8t yesterday.   I was excited to use the phone but after I update it, it starts freezing up every few minutes with this carrier hub app.  I first uninstalled the app but it continued to run in the background. So I did a factory reset and then just didn't update which fixed the issue for now.  Now it's only a matter of days until it forces me to update again.  Please advise before I return the phone to the store.

So sprint and tmobile merged and I just read that sprint has a carrier hub app that isn’t interfacing well with tmobile. I changed my app permissions and did a back up restore and all is well again. Merger woes

My S9 has been doing the same thing since I complete an update a few days ago. I can’t use any of my apps, none o them will open. Is there a fix for this?

I lost all my apps, bookmark  phone acting wierd. T-mobile said they had no idea what was obviously they do.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

So sprint and tmobile merged and I just read that sprint has a carrier hub app that isn’t interfacing well with tmobile. I changed my app permissions and did a back up restore and all is well again. Merger woes

According to a Google search, it's a Sprint app used for features such as VoWiFi.  Not sure why TMobile customers need it.

My  Samsung Galaxy S9 is saying the same thing for a couple of days now. Carrier Hub MCM client request are processing. It deleted all my apps on my front  phone. Also making alot of delays and alot of errors as well.

This happened to me today, too. The phone screen blinked and all my home screen apps and app groups disappeared. The apps are still on my phone, in the app drawer, but nothing on the home screen remains. I tried rebooting several times and even reinserting the SD card, but it didn't work. I had a system update, so I tried that, but to no avail. Then I noticed the "Carrier Hub" message appear and disappear several times. No clue what that's about.

Hopefully it resolves, I'm on vacation and would lose access to my smart home monitoring and control until we return and I can reset the apps.

Yep, S9 all apps dissapeared and that was the first time I've ever seen the MCM client processing message. Once I take time to get all of my apps back, will this be reoccurring? What's the solution?

Go to settings, then Accounts and Backup, then Backup and Restore, then Restore Data. 

- I unchecked everything but home screen and apps so I can get my home screen back. 

Hopefully you had your back up on and this helps.

This unfortunately didn't work for me, even though I had everything backed up.

I have a Samsung s20 and started getting the MCM notification yesterday. However, it seems that my texts are being sent but I can’t receive (no delay - just don’t get anything). I’m not having issues with making/receiving phone calls.

I've been having this problem. The only thing I've noticed is that my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) starts up very slowly and texts are being sent slower, but it hasn't trashed anything else. Has anyone else figured out what this is, and, more importantly, how to remove it?

I have a Samsung s20 and started getting the MCM notification yesterday. However, it seems that my texts are being sent but I can’t receive (no delay - just don’t get anything). I’m not having issues with making/receiving phone calls.

My phone finally corrected itself (so basically almost 24 hrs later from when the issue started).

My LG V60 is going through this exact same issue today. Text messages are not sending, the MCM client is loading, notification lag on apps like GroupMe and Slack. Restarts don’t fix, cache clears don’t fix, uninstall and reinstall of Google Messages doesn’t fix. 

My LG V60 is going through this exact same issue today. Text messages are not sending, the MCM client is loading, notification lag on apps like GroupMe and Slack. Restarts don’t fix, cache clears don’t fix, uninstall and reinstall of Google Messages doesn’t fix. 

Same device, same exact issue. MCM Client processing requests on every reboot, chat features in Google Messages refusing to verify me (after being verified for the past 5 months), delayed receipt of messages, stuck sending messages for hours without actually delivering. I cleared carrier services local data, cleared Google Messages local data, reinstalled Messages, multiple reboots, nothing has fixed it. 

Same device, same exact issue. MCM Client processing requests on every reboot, chat features in Google Messages refusing to verify me (after being verified for the past 5 months), delayed receipt of messages, stuck sending messages for hours without actually delivering. I cleared carrier services local data, cleared Google Messages local data, reinstalled Messages, multiple reboots, nothing has fixed it. 

The only fix I found that seems to work is to find the Carrier Services app in the Play Store, uninstall and re-install. 

The only fix I found that seems to work is to find the Carrier Services app in the Play Store, uninstall and re-install. 

Just tried, no change at all. 

Just tried, no change at all. 

I was having the same issue with my LG v60. I just removed the carrier app in the play store. Now I have no delay receiving messages.  Not sure if the program is needed but I have no issues now. 

I use a Galaxy A11 and twice today a message  from Carrier Hub “MCM client requests are processing:….possible issue with T Mobile network upgrade going on or some other network issue?  Phone is a bit off with texts being delayed but no major issues yet

Please advise

Ok so this is going to be a very technical answer. The Carrier Hub is a nightmare to deal with and was causing all kinds of problems on my phone. You can’t remove it using the normal methods so here is how you do it using the only if you know what your doing methods.

First you need to unlock developer mode on your phone this is done by going to setting and tapping on the build number of your software until it unlocks it.

You will then need to have access to a computer and down load the android SDK Platform Tools

https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

You will then need to open a command prompt (as admin or root) to where these tools are installed. Connect your phone to your computer when developer mode enabled and then run the command

adb devices

This should prompt for your phone to trust your computer.

Once that is done and your computer can see your phone you can run this command

adb uninstall --user 0 com.sprint.ms.smf.services

That will remove the Carrier Hub app from your phone. I would then reset your network connections (found under reset options) and reboot your phone. This fixed all the network and texting problems I had.  

My s9+ is also showing this message and some of the apps like instagram were running weird. When I Google something like the time difference in china it gives me Greenwich time... I live in area that's 4 hours difference than Greenwich time. I'm worried my phone got hacked.  

For the past week my phone is constantly restarting, and the MCM message always appears after the restart. I don't know if it's the cause of my phone problems, but that the message is accompanied by the near constant restarting is making me start to hate both equally. WTF is going on?

I thought uninstalling it worked but I'm still having issues.. google play keeps giving me an error

Badge +1

I’m having the same issue.  and all I can say is WOW.  It appears as though the Uncarrier is uncarriering itself from it’s customers as well.  Very disappointing that our service provider can’t even chime in with any advice or direction about this.

TMO - please reply to this thread! I just rebooted and there was a message saying - Carrier Hub MCM client requests are processing messages.  THEN I LOST ALL OF MY APP SHORTCUTS ON MY 4 HOME SCREENS - YES, I AM SCREAMING! I had arranged all 4 of my home screens by moving the apps where I wanted them, had folders w/ shortcuts, etc. I tried doing the Samsung restore - did not fix it on my Galaxy S9. This sucks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

TMO - please reply to this thread!

the site here is mainly peer to peer with a couple moderators to keep things civil...no agents im afraid.

So, I think I figured this out. I was having the same issue. I was getting Carrier Hub processing request every 30 seconds or so. The key word in the notifications was ‘AppSelector’. It turns out that the Tmobile requires you to look through suggested apps and select/deselect apps from the list they provide to download.

Its an imbedded file called Tmobile AppSelector, the only way i was able to access it, was by clinking on the Carrier Hub notifications and it popped up the Tmobile AppSelector notification. I clicked on that, and it then gave me the option to select/deselect the recommended apps.

After you complete this process, and click finish, you shouldn’t see the carrier hub notifications again.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Update to my last post: I was still receiving the carrier hub notifications.

So go to phone settings, apps, AppSelector app, and UNINSTALL. 

So far no Carrier hub notifications.

If you dont want to uninstall the app, you can stop Carrier Hub notifications. Go to Settings, Notifications, find Carrier Hub, turn off notifications.

I use a Galaxy A11 and twice today a message  from Carrier Hub “MCM client requests are processing:….possible issue with T Mobile network upgrade going on or some other network issue?  Phone is a bit off with texts being delayed but no major issues yet

Please advise

Please advise

Mi Samsung Note 20 is doing the same thing after the new update couple days ago, 2 or 3 times a says it appear, i installed the new update Android 11