Solved

Carrier Hub MCM client requests are processing messages

• 20 November 2020
  • 59 replies

Badge +1

I use a Galaxy A11 and twice today a message  from Carrier Hub “MCM client requests are processing:….possible issue with T Mobile network upgrade going on or some other network issue?  Phone is a bit off with texts being delayed but no major issues yet

Please advise

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 18 May 2021, 16:59

From what I’ve been able to gather this could be coming from the Carrier Hub app. I suggest uninstalling it if you have the option. This could happen to Tmo customers also if you’ve gotten your phone from Sprint prior to the merger.

View original

59 replies

Userlevel 2

My  Samsung Galaxy S9 is saying the same thing for a couple of days now. Carrier Hub MCM client request are processing. It deleted all my apps on my front  phone. Also making alot of delays and alot of errors as well.

Userlevel 1

My Samsung Galaxy S9 is doing the same thing. I can’t do anything on it and lost my apps on my home screens.

Userlevel 1

I lost all apps on my home screen today after powering on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9.  First time this has happened.  T-Mobile support transferred me to Samsung technical support.  Edwin said it was a glitch.  I’ve added apps back to home and enabled “Lock Home screen layout” in Home screen settings.

I’m also seeing the Carrier Hub notifications, but can’t say if it’s related to my apps disappearing.

The most curious Carrier Hub notification said “New Notification, content hidden”

Userlevel 1

Any solution to this? I lost everything on my home screens as well. Galaxy S9.

My Samsung Galaxy S9 have gotten the Carrier message a couple times now. this time I lost all apps on home screen. I guess they knew I needed to declutter my home screens lol

Yep, S9 all apps dissapeared and that was the first time I've ever seen the MCM client processing message. Once I take time to get all of my apps back, will this be reoccurring? What's the solution?

My Galaxy S20+ is doing the same thing as well. It won't connect to my home WiFi at all.

This is beyond stupid & stupidly beyond stupidity. So, thanks for the holiday gift of rearranging, deleting, & controlling my phone. I actually woke up this morning wondering how I could possibly lose even more control in life. Then, like magic, samsung & tmobile collaborated once again to remind me that I merely own their products; but I don't own. Yeah, makes sense🖕🏽

I don’t think its a fault on Samsung. My friends with SGS10’s on any network did not experience this, a friend with a SGS9+ on another network did not experience this. I have 2 SGS9+’s on a tmobile network and it happened to both phone -1 of them being forced to update automatically. 

But yea, @T-Mobile you guys should’ve removed the update when you received notifications that this was messing things up for people. When it happened to me, it was already a known problem for 5+ days.

All this time I thought it was my cheap phone. This issue has caused me some issues today.

Mine keeps glitching out too and saying that "MCM client requests are processing..." after I restart the phone. A lot of issues on here but no solutions huh?

Come on Tmo, someone needs to chime in here and explain why this installed, what it's function is and are the above issues being addressed? We pay enough for this service and deserve just that, service. Thanks

Ever since the October update that installed the carrier hub my phones become a paperweight half the time.  Can't send or receive texts for hours at a time regardless of signal strength, I constantly lose the signal in what are supposed to be strong coverage areas, and also noticed an issue with my Spotify suddenly not working offline like its supposed to.  I've got to reboot the phone more than once a day to keep everything working. Using a Samsung Galaxy A71 5G.

Badge +1

I’m having the same issue.  and all I can say is WOW.  It appears as though the Uncarrier is uncarriering itself from it’s customers as well.  Very disappointing that our service provider can’t even chime in with any advice or direction about this.

This is still happening. Ruined my day!

So sprint and tmobile merged and I just read that sprint has a carrier hub app that isn’t interfacing well with tmobile. I changed my app permissions and did a back up restore and all is well again. Merger woes

I've been having this problem. The only thing I've noticed is that my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) starts up very slowly and texts are being sent slower, but it hasn't trashed anything else. Has anyone else figured out what this is, and, more importantly, how to remove it?

My Samsung Galaxy S9 have gotten the Carrier message a couple times now. this time I lost all apps on home screen. I guess they knew I needed to declutter my home screens lol

Go to settings, then Accounts and Backup, then Backup and Restore, then Restore Data. 

- I unchecked everything but home screen and apps so I can get my home screen back. 

Hopefully you had your back up on and this helps.

Yep, S9 all apps dissapeared and that was the first time I've ever seen the MCM client processing message. Once I take time to get all of my apps back, will this be reoccurring? What's the solution?

Go to settings, then Accounts and Backup, then Backup and Restore, then Restore Data. 

- I unchecked everything but home screen and apps so I can get my home screen back. 

Hopefully you had your back up on and this helps.

I got this message too after turning on my phone this morning because battery die last nite. And now all my apps and shortcuts that were important to me have been deleted on my front screen . Does this have to do with all the changes tmobile is having with joining other carriers? 

My LG V60 is going through this exact same issue today. Text messages are not sending, the MCM client is loading, notification lag on apps like GroupMe and Slack. Restarts don’t fix, cache clears don’t fix, uninstall and reinstall of Google Messages doesn’t fix. 

Same device, same exact issue. MCM Client processing requests on every reboot, chat features in Google Messages refusing to verify me (after being verified for the past 5 months), delayed receipt of messages, stuck sending messages for hours without actually delivering. I cleared carrier services local data, cleared Google Messages local data, reinstalled Messages, multiple reboots, nothing has fixed it. 

My LG V60 is going through this exact same issue today. Text messages are not sending, the MCM client is loading, notification lag on apps like GroupMe and Slack. Restarts don’t fix, cache clears don’t fix, uninstall and reinstall of Google Messages doesn’t fix. 

Same device, same exact issue. MCM Client processing requests on every reboot, chat features in Google Messages refusing to verify me (after being verified for the past 5 months), delayed receipt of messages, stuck sending messages for hours without actually delivering. I cleared carrier services local data, cleared Google Messages local data, reinstalled Messages, multiple reboots, nothing has fixed it. 

The only fix I found that seems to work is to find the Carrier Services app in the Play Store, uninstall and re-install. 

Just tried, no change at all. 

I was having the same issue with my LG v60. I just removed the carrier app in the play store. Now I have no delay receiving messages.  Not sure if the program is needed but I have no issues now. 

TMO - please reply to this thread! I just rebooted and there was a message saying - Carrier Hub MCM client requests are processing messages.  THEN I LOST ALL OF MY APP SHORTCUTS ON MY 4 HOME SCREENS - YES, I AM SCREAMING! I had arranged all 4 of my home screens by moving the apps where I wanted them, had folders w/ shortcuts, etc. I tried doing the Samsung restore - did not fix it on my Galaxy S9. This sucks.

Update to my last post: I was still receiving the carrier hub notifications.

So go to phone settings, apps, AppSelector app, and UNINSTALL. 

So far no Carrier hub notifications.

If you dont want to uninstall the app, you can stop Carrier Hub notifications. Go to Settings, Notifications, find Carrier Hub, turn off notifications.

Badge

This is beyond stupid & stupidly beyond stupidity. So, thanks for the holiday gift of rearranging, deleting, & controlling my phone. I actually woke up this morning wondering how I could possibly lose even more control in life. Then, like magic, samsung & tmobile collaborated once again to remind me that I merely own their products; but I don't own. Yeah, makes sense🖕🏽

I thought uninstalling it worked but I'm still having issues.. google play keeps giving me an error