Question

Constant Wifi Calling Notificatiom

• 19 October 2020
  • 19 replies

Badge

My wife and I keep getting a constant notification about wifi calling preferences being updated. We cannot turn them off. Anybody having the same problem? On samsung phones. 

19 replies

This keeps happening to me too! I can't figure out how to turn it off. So annoying. Happens all hours. I have a Note. 

I am also getting this same message SO OFTEN! Any resolution? 

This is on forums elsewhere on the internet, is related maybe to recent update? But the fixes there involve the Android IP Service app, which I do not find on my phone at all (Samsung Galaxy S10e) It is MASSIVELY annoying and forces me to lose ALL functionality for making calls at home as I am in a total dead spot for service and the only way to stop the notification is to turn off wifi calling. This notification goes off literally every 3 minutes. TMobile customer service is usually amazing HELP US HERE tiya

Badge

I too have this issue.  I pushed and pushed and do have an open ticket in Tmobile.   This is on S20+.   Don’t stop with the regular CS agent.  Push to Technical Support and insist on trouble ticket being opened.    That’s the only way Tmo will pay attention to this annoyance.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

did you download the most recent update? fixed quite a few issues..just cant remember if this specific issue was one of them

Badge

Have latest update.   That was done first.  Made no difference.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

oof..i know it fixed a decent amount of issues..just couldnt remember if this was one of them or not

This notification pops up multiple times a day while I’m at work. What gets me is that not only is this an annoying and useless thing to notify me about, but that they’ve also forced this bug on us in a way that we can’t even opt out of it pestering us!

found a fix for me. i have the new s20 5g and it kept notifying me like every other minute driving me nuts

go to apps

3 dots top right

system apps

wifi calling

permisions

for some reason it came from factory saying phone permission was off so i allowed wifi calling to have permission to phone 

voila no more notifications for me for few hrs now.  silence is wonderful!

i hope that helps anyone now and in the future!

Userlevel 3
Badge

found a fix for me. i have the new s20 5g and it kept notifying me like every other minute driving me nuts

go to apps

3 dots top right

system apps

wifi calling

permisions

for some reason it came from factory saying phone permission was off so i allowed wifi calling to have permission to phone 

This fixes the notification for SOME but it doesn’t stop you from losing calls and business as it defaults to cellular preferred in stead of Wi-Fi preferred. Why does T-Mobile NEVER answer any complaints about it?

go to apps

3 dots top right

system apps

wifi calling

permisions

This fixes the notification for SOME but it doesn’t stop you from losing calls and business as it defaults to cellular preferred in stead of Wi-Fi preferred. Why does T-Mobile NEVER answer any complaints about it?

Actually I've checked 3 times and never did it switch to cellular.  Well good luck for the rest

Userlevel 3
Badge

go to apps

3 dots top right

system apps

wifi calling

permisions

Actually I've checked 3 times and never did it switch to cellular.  Well good luck for the rest

I just double checked it for myself and my wife’s Note 10+ and I manually set it to Wi-Fi preferred. and then I sat by and watched it happen. Each time my device kicked it back to cellular preferred making me lose my calls.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

because the site is peer to peer.

This keeps happening to me too! I can't figure out how to turn it off. So annoying. Happens all hours. I have a Note. 

go to apps

3 dots top right

system apps

wifi calling

permisions

I fixed the wifi calling app permissions. No change. Still the annoying notification every five minutes. LITERALLY EVERY FIVE MINUTES!! ANYONE FROM T-MOBILE EVER BOTHER TRYING TO HELP CUSTOMERS ON THIS FORUM?? THIS PROBLEM IS SO FRUSTRATING I'M ABOUT TO SWITCH CARRIERS!! HELLO?? ANYONE THERE??

I should add Galaxy S20FE.

Galaxy Note 9 here, Sprint customer who migrated to T-Mobile sim card. Pops up every 3-5 minutes when I'm home. Can't disable wifi calling because signal here is CRAP. Not eligible for T-Mobile repeater because I'm not a T-Mobile customer.

Since it appears T-Mobile either has no fix for this problem or no interest in fixing this problem... I have 5 devices, anyone have experience moving to Spectrum Mobile (on Verizon network)? Mint Mobile looked good, but they're just another T-Mobile MVNO.

go to apps

3 dots top right

system apps

wifi calling

permisions

This worked for me as well. I'm on a Note 9. I did a factory reset about a month ago and the wifi calling notice came up every few minutes. I followed these steps and found that wifi calling had defaulted back to denied. 

Thank you so much for your solution. 

Still occurring. Now silence option is locked out.

Will t-mobile ever get this corrected?