Solved

Coverage in Narrowsburg, NY

• 30 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I have a LG V20 and have mostly been satisfied with my phone. When I first got my phone two or three years ago, I had some coverage in Narrowsburg, NY . I go to this area to visit family regularly so I need to be able to make calls and use the internet. It was usually two or three bars and had 4G LTE coverage but now I don't get any coverage. When I try to select a network manually, T-Mobile shows up as one of the options for 4G LTE coverage but when I try to register on the network, I can never get connected anymore. I try different parts of the house as well as trying outdoors. But I can't get anything. I entered in the exact address when looking on T-Mobile coverage map and it says I should get a fair signal with my phone but I don't anymore. Is there I can do on my phone to get coverage with my phone on T-Mobile's network?

Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 3 September 2019, 20:09

The coverage there does look at bit sparse, but you should definitely be able to get coverage outside. Indoors might be an issue depending on the materials of the home but Wi-Fi calling would clear this up.

As for the coverage outdoors, we will want to get a service request put up for you location there. If you have a moment, please give us a call so our experts over the phone can get your details and escalate it up to the engineers.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5

The coverage there does look at bit sparse, but you should definitely be able to get coverage outside. Indoors might be an issue depending on the materials of the home but Wi-Fi calling would clear this up.

As for the coverage outdoors, we will want to get a service request put up for you location there. If you have a moment, please give us a call so our experts over the phone can get your details and escalate it up to the engineers.

Were you there before in mid-summer? It looks like coverage there is really marginal and there can be a big difference between coverage in the summer and winter. The water in the foliage absorbs a lot of RF signal.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything you can do to improve reception. I'd callĀ  611 and file a coverage complaint. I've started doing this whenever I don't have service in a place I believe I should (e.g. DMV office. Cracker Barrel, etc.) Just so they can't say, "We didn't know. No one told us."

BTW, do you have WiFi at your relative's house?

Hello,

Thank you very much for responding back. I will try again outdoors when I am back there again and see if I get anything. Unfortunately, my relatives have no internet inside so I can't use Wi-Fi. I will give a call in order to give my details in order to get a service request for this area. Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you very much for responding. Yes, I was there in mid-summer. I didn't think about coverage being different between summer and winter. Thank you for that.

Unfortunately, my relatives have no internet inside so I can't use Wi-Fi. They just use internet on their phone. .

I don't know if this would help you or not. I keep a PagePlus PAYG phone for making calls and sending texts in places where T-Mobile doesn't work well. It costs me about $32/year to keep active and uses Verizon's signal. Some people have kept a Verizon PAYG hotspot that they use only on days they need service. I think it cost $3/day just on the days you use it. This allows you to use WiFi Calling for calls and texts and have Internet access. I have not done this so I don't know if this plan is still available. Maybe someone else can tell.

A WeBoost booster might also help your service there but I can't say for sure.

T-Mobile coverage in Narrowsburg is virtually non-existent. The end.