Question

Coverage issue with T-Mobile after switching from Sprint

• 30 August 2021
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

My father lives in a small town in southern Arizona. With Sprint, we had really good service when we visited him. We switched to the T-mobile SIM cards a few months ago. Now when we visit him, the service is pretty bad. I thought with the merger that we would have access to both networks. How do I contact T-mobile to let them know their coverage sucks there?

35 replies

I'm in Quartzsite Arizona (Southern) and the coverage map shows my community is saturated with 5G Extended Range and same with 4G LTE. I get 4 bars of 5G on my main line and 4 bars of 4G LTE. The coverage map is to bring in new customers not for existing ones. I'm going to point you to an article if you haven't already seen it. If nothing else you have to laugh at it. After that you'll see my speed tests where the map says HEAVY Coverage. They need to bring back the signal boosters for those of us who don't have internet access.

This Cellphone Carrier Has the Worst Network Quality, Customers Say

My phone is a new galaxy S22+ that i got after the merger and I started having the problems once I changed my SIM card to the T Mobile SIM. So the problem has nothing to do with old phones. I have been having dropped calls, really bad reception even within town. Extremely bad service. Sprint reception/service was excellent for the over 10 years I was with them. T Mobile just sucks and that is why I am making sure that other family members do not switch their SIM cards. 

My phone is a new galaxy S22+ that i got after the merger and I started having the problems once I changed my SIM card to the T Mobile SIM. So the problem has nothing to do with old phones. I have been having dropped calls, really bad reception even within town. Extremely bad service. Sprint reception/service was excellent for the over 10 years I was with them. T Mobile just sucks and that is why I am making sure that other family members do not switch their SIM cards. 

Same happened to me. I'm so unhappy with this move. I should've kept my old S9 phone with Sprint service and didn't switch to tmobile. I also had 50gb of Hotspot and was promised it will remain the same, if I switch to Tmobile plan, only to find out that's not the case and I'm only getting 5gb. 

I called tmobile , they told me it is what it is and nothing they can do, since they gave me such a good deal on my phone trade in and purchase of S22 ultra, I have to stay with tmobile now for 2 yrs.

I should've kept my old phone and old service. Now I can't even listen to YouTube as before, the screen keeps loading. I hate this

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

You can file a complaint with BBB if you’re wanting to port out to another carrier.

If T-Mobile won’t honor its agreement, and migrated you with a promise of 50GB hotspot, but gave you worse service and 1/10th of the hotspot, OEM team will find a ‘solution’.

Thank you , I will try that! I did call tmobile about this but the person on the phone told me that I was told wrong, and they ll make sure to educate their employees at the location where I went  to not promise things that are not so But... obviously,  that didn't help my situation:)

My father lives in a small town in southern Arizona. With Sprint, we had really good service when we visited him. We switched to the T-mobile SIM cards a few months ago. Now when we visit him, the service is pretty bad. I thought with the merger that we would have access to both networks. How do I contact T-mobile to let them know their coverage sucks there?

I have the same problem. I had service with Sprint since 2000 and had to switch to a new TMobile SIM card. I was having such horrible service which prompted me to call them in the first place and they suggested installing the TMobile SIM card. Even after installing TMobile SIM card, service still was awful! I bought a new iPhone 13 and still no change. I get dropped calls at work and at home all the time when that was NEVER an issue before with Sprint. When I’m at work, I cannot even get text messages to go through half the time. I have worked at the same place for the past 8 years and NEVER had that problem. I am so fed up and when I call to ask about coverage, they say nothing is wrong and no towers are down. I am looking to make a switch to another provider soon. This service is absolutely terrible with TMobile. 

I have a Google Pixel 3.  It took about 9 hours on the phone with T-Mobile techs over 3 days to even get the phone to work at all.  3 hours of that was spent in a T-Mobile store where they put me on the phone with a rep from India that tried to convince me I needed to buy a new phone.  I finally went to a different T-Mobile store where my phone was fixed in about 10 minutes - except for wifi calling.  That took another trip to a T-Mobile store.  Service in general seems to be worse in the NW Austin/Jonestown, Tx area.  Texting is pretty flakey.  I wish I had my Sprint back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

contact TMO through either Facebook or Twitter and have them file a network ticket for that area..you might get lucky and they might say what is going on out there.

I also live in a very small town kind of out in the woods but I am in Bremerton Washington out in a place called seabeck and when I tell you when I had sprint I was the only person that had service out there it was amazing… If you had sprint you can do anything you want it on your phone and I use my phone for work and everything else so I did just that.. been with Sprint for about four years I haven’t even upgraded either phone on our account which means Sprint has no way even lost money to us… So all of the sudden I hear T-Mobile is going to buy Sprint… I think it’s OK because I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about T-Mobile lately and my cousin it works for T-Mobile and she’s pretty high up there and she also has said some good things about the net work… So in my head they are going to switch us sprint users to T-Mobile And even though I love Sprint… I figure I would not only still have perfect network used at my home but it would even be better… Keep in mind that we never agreed to want or need to switch to T-Mobile didn’t have any desire to have any other cell phone service out there but in this situation they kind of cornered all of us and that’s that… As you can guess they must have taken down that sprint tower by my home because I have absolutely no service whatsoever now I can’t make phone calls if someone in my family has an emergency they can’t get a hold of me I can’t do my work at my house anymore like I have been for half a decade… Everything has been completely screwed up ever since they sent me that Sim card and told me that all sprint users had to switch… We were promised a much better Netwerk with little chance of ever having problems… Now I have had more problems with this service than I could even imagine  not only do I not have service out at my house but I even have crappy service in the middle of town which is unheard of these days… What can I do? Don’t you think T-Mobile should give the people like me an option to buy us into another cell phone company that we can actually use since we  had no reason or want to switch in the first place? I have tried all the restarting of the Sim cards… I have tried restarting the networks on our phones… I have tried everything I can think of… The only thing in my head that will work is if they turn back on the sprint towers  and let T-Mobile customers runoff those as well, I mean they own them now right?… Please someone give me an answer besides they are updating their towers and things should be OK soon. I already had a tower that worked perfectly fine why take it away from me?  If things don’t change drastically soon then I have to leave this company at no fault of sprint at all which is very sad because it was nothing but a good company to me

Please help 

This is OBVIOUSLY a T-Mobile problem and has nothing to do with our phones.

Cause (T-Mobile) and Effect (Cruddy Service)!!!

Our service was perfectly fine while with Sprint. After the T-Mobile merger and we were forced to upgrade our SIMS, a majority of us now have issues that were literally non-existent before this move.

I’ve done ALL the troubleshooting suggested. Even went as far as resetting my S20 back to factory. Nothing worked and I still have dropped calls, unable to make calls, messages not sending etc.

I should CHARGE T-Mobile for all the time (HOURS) I have wasted on THEIR problem they dumped on us. My next step is to call them, have them credit my account for lost/sketchy service and then move to a different provider.

Honestly, I’m not surprised by these issues following the merger. I had to deal with something similar when my bank, Wells Fargo switched to FlagStar. I, along with thousands of others, couldn’t access any of my money for two weeks. Left them and went to a Credit union and have had zero issues since.